The Tea Thread 🍵

@wendell used to make videos with a tea pot on the desk that was glass and had a tea candle under it or something. Anyone know what it was?

1 Like

I dont recall it.

It’s been quite a while since it’s made an appearance

That’s the pot @kreestuh cleaned with Windex or something

1 Like

It was from bigaltech iirc and someone else got me the caption Picard teacup too

1 Like

;__;

more text for discourse

2 Likes

I thought you all had it on a christmas list iirc?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KL8SZES/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2OY7T7RG449A3&coliid=I2H8AFPJ4SNXC5

2 Likes

Honestly tea pots are over rated just get large ceramic with basket like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08RCL3XHT

Wife uses it and a zojirushi water boiler thing

1 Like

Damn, out of stock and doesn’t look like it comes with the candle stand

1 Like

If I didn’t have my existing teapot, this looks good

Probably the same one/a similar one? We try to list everything we mention on the Christmas List on there but it’s not always a 100% match.

1 Like

Oh that makes sense, iirc wendell had one that sat on a wood frame or had a heating element

The OG Earl Grey…

I’m weird; I take it straight, no cream, milk or sugar.

2 Likes

Oh nice, same as how I like my green tea.

1 Like

Today, I programmed my coffee maker to have water dispenced and sitting a hour before I rise. I let my leaves sit in the pot for over 40 minutes. The temperature was a little lukewarm to usual. 40 minutes seems better if the water just came out of the pot.
I think 20-30 minutes might be better for today’s settings
First cup

Second cup

1 Like

Of Twinnings i really like Prince of Wales tea,
Wijs en Zonen used to haven gunung malaja not there anymore. But i love my tea’s smokey

3 Likes

I didn’t use the programed settings, so the water sat in the kettle for 20 minutes instead of 1hr. I let the water sit in the pot for 40 minutes
First cup

Second cup, let it sit for longer

Third cup let it sit past lunch. At this point, it has been diluted

1 Like

Time to degrade the thread :laughing:

Being British, like the majority here I drink cheap tea with milk, also knows as ‘Builders Tea’. For the sophisticated, there are the Chinese and Earl Greys, but for people who just want a hot cuppa to warm our hands when working outside, ‘normal’ tea is fine. You can dip biscuits in it too and it tastes great.

I tried my normal tea in Los Angeles once when visiting a friend, it tasted awful and I suspect it was a combination of water and milk that on its own, didn’t taste right to my European tongue!

Uploading: 2022-03-22 00.59.21.jpg…

I liked 'merica :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Relevant European disliking american liquids

1 Like

Another day another cup of dragonwell tea. Had the water sitting in the kettle a 2 hours before I had breakfast. Let the leaves sit for 40 minutes.

Room lighting seems to have a impact on tea’s color. Today it was cloudy and raining. I had my lights on

First cup

Second cup is looking good after 30-40 minutes in the pot

Third cup is pretty good after 60+ minutes in the pot