The Tea Thread 🍵

:slight_smile: Ironically I liked Budweiser in the evening, which my American friends were a bit disappointed. I made up for it by saying “Umbrella”. :laughing:

1 Like

Yesterday

More dragonwell. Had water sitting in the kettle for 1hr
1st cup 40 minutes in the pot

2nd cup 40 minutes in the pot

I was going to say, sometimes I splash for yorkshire gold, looked at this threat and now I am like “HOW FAR CAN TEA GO!?”

If I am feeling extra rich I jab two teabags in!

3 Likes

Ah go for it, tea is tea, however you like it :smile:

I have a mate that only drinks tea when there’s two tea bags. Meanwhile another is married and his wife likes strong tea and he likes weak tea - so they share the teabag, have done for 30+ years. Quite sweet really!

1 Like

Yesterday I let the water sit in the kettle for an hour. I used a little over 2 teaspoons worth of tea. I had the it in the pot for about 40 minutes.

Second cup. Let it brew in the bot for over an hour

Forth cup surprised me that in how it still had flavor

Let the water sit in the kettle for over a hour, 2 big teaspoons of dragonwell tea, and let it brew in the pot for 40 minutes.

First cup
It would have been better if I drank it at the 20 minute mark. The temperature was a bit lukewarm for my preference

Autofocus was giving me issues, so I decided to use the pro mode settings. A center metering mode seemed to fix my blurry issues. Text is waaay sharper.

Second cup
I let the tea sit in the pot too long. The temperature was lukewarm. The focus settings I messed with seemed to work fine

Forth cup
The third cup didn’t have much color. It’s possible the water wasn’t hot enough or I didn’t let it brew in the pot long enough. So seeing the color made me surprised

Th focus on the camera was perfect today. Let the water get to temp in the kettle for a hour or more. Then I let the leaves soak for an hour. The temperature is perfect. If I had better room lighting for the first shot, the color would be a lot more vibrant

First cup

As seen in this shot

Second cup > 1hr

This time the Continous autofocus did a better job than my previous manual settings

thai tea, like in the restaurants. sometimes served as boba tea.

makes these

7 Likes

I used more leaves today

Brew time and water temp is pretty crucial in getting the right color. The water was lukewarm and I let it brew for under 20 minutes

As seen in the 3rd cup

I am American, and I can confirm that American coffee sux. I do drink instant coffee fairly often for convenience’s sake, but FWIW it’s Cuban instant coffee. Not nearly as vile…

Now when I do drink tea, it’s usually English or Indian. Favorites are Earl Grey, Darjeeling and English Breakfast. I do sometimes drink green tea at work when I want less of a buzz, but it’s not nearly as good as the Japanese teas.

1 Like

I forgot to put water in the kettle this morning, so my first cup got delayed
First cup

Second cup

Third cup brewed after lunch

I let the first cup sit too long in the pot. Flavor is stronger since I added more leaves, but the temperature was lukewarm

Second cup. Good temp, good flavor

Didn’t realize this was a thing.

2 Likes

Looks like japanese leaves

Cleaned my mug. Let the water sit in the kettle for a hour and brew in the pot for 30 minutes

Perfect color and temperature

Second cup brewed for ~30 min

1 Like

Same brew settings as yesterday

Second cup

I don’t think my water temp was high enough. I let the water sit in the kettle for 2 hrs and in the pot for ~30 minutes

Second cup, hotter water

More tea, same brew settings

Yunnan gold tips when I want to splurge.

2 Likes

theres a bunch (and more) in our cupboard… the person i live with is a huuge tea drinker (i love coffee and hot choc more)

but my fav one by far:

is really nice when its hot but once cooled down the taste sort of goes a bit iffy.

2 Likes