Return to Level1Techs.com

Post your battle stations!

mega_thread

I thought it was time to share my workspace. This is actually at work. I’ll probably add my Home Setup later. 3 1080p Screen running of a Fujitsu Laptop. It’s a tad old (4th Gen i7), but has 16G of RAM and a 250G 950 Evo. So it’s plenty fast. Currently running Fedora 29.
I added the mousemat this week and got provided the Logitech Set (K800 and MX Master). Until now i used my own Logitech MX Ergo and a MX Board that you might be able to spot in the background. I must say, for not being mechanical, the K800 is a really decent board. And not quite as loud/annoying for my co-workers. I’m undecided on the mouse. Having used a trackball for over a year, i’m not sure if mousing is for me. The MX Master is excelent though. But no software or remapability on Linux sucks.
Other than that, i’m really happy with the workspace my employer provides to me!

Your desk is very clean compared to the other persons’.

Not sure what you’re implying…

Yeah, i don’t like clutter at my workspace. Helps me focus on Tasks at hand.

You must really love your job. I need as many distractions as I can get. I have a second desk just for a place to put more junk in the way

I have a couple of questions, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to answer the first one.

1. What do you do for a living/job? It looks super cozy is the only reason I ask.

2. Which trackball have you used? I bought the Kensington Pro and am happy with it, so I’m curious what other people have/enjoy.

Amazing setup for sure though!

I made a review some time ago of what I use:

All new acoustic foam and some PC and audio upgrades. Picked up a Schiit Modi 3 and JDS Labs Atom. Sold the Modi Multibit and Asgard 2. The R7 2700x build went to the wife with the old Gtx 1080. Only thing I kept was the Titan Xp w/ hybrid mod.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dalbry91/saved/9MdLJx

Oh man that’s a lotta foam, I kinda like it

It looks just like my room at the asylum.

More update to come Just mounted the wall tv

noice digs

thx, it has slowly evolved over the past few years. Need to adjust stuff a lot still, but i think this is the monitor final form

Whatre you using to split the screen on the TV?

the monitor has PnP

great monitor (10w speakers and a remote)

Haven’t posted in a while. Thought it was time.

Ignore the cable management under the desk, I have been meaning to get that done, but alas, I don’t have the time.

Is that the 38" 1600p ?

sweet setup btw.

Yeah, it is. It’s pretty awesome.

Funnily enough I’m most jealous of the sit/stand desk

Oh god, this desk is up nearly 50% of the time, I love it. Definitely worth the investment, simply for the feeling of wellbeing.

I’d sell the monitor for this desk.