"one man's trash other man's treasure" trade / giveaway thread

Ya , been borrowing a chromebook from thie closest school. I have tried every avenue on this whole island. No salvage. Artificialy high prices on used, nothing for free, problem is, I am on a severely limited income so thats why I am hitting up the forum. Looking to give old hardware a little more life.

1 Like

le bump

2 Likes

anyone like old school g4 era mac minis?

Are those the PPC ones? If so, I know we have a PowerPC following, but not sure who to tag about other than @FaunCB.

1 Like

yes PPC, i’m down to my last box load, i’ve been scrapping the busted and giving a few away on mac forums. i need my closet space back, this load comes with at least some PSUs if not a whole second box of PSUs.

1 Like

May I see some pictures? It may help me with my modding project…

1 Like

How many do you have that are fully functional?

1 Like

i think this should help

any time they’ve been bad is either a failed HDD or me trying to overclock them. few have been dead dead, i’ve not tampered with this box …yet… i will have to wipe them or do factory restores on them. usually i do about 1 per person

Do you have a 1.42ghz model with airport and Bluetooth? If so I’d definetly pay to ship it if you’re in the US

1 Like

ill be damned had no idea they have BT. yeah almost all of them are 1.42ghz emc2079

1 Like

Yeah. BT 1.1 was an option for these g4 minis, which really surprised me also.

they all have BT listed on the tags

I’we logged back in because of seeing this.

What are you interested in trading for

The cost of shipping.

Get me a weight.

first things first, i gotta wipe the drives on these things. wooo are those old ODD drivers not happy or at the very least it’s slow going. then i’ll start packing and boxing them up. likely some will be plain boxes and other USPS flatrate.

EDIT: while i’m at it all this retro hardware and video cards need to go too

one is a video card from a power mac. i call dibs on the 9600gt, i think it has a fried VRM anyways. some older motherboards, pentium 2/3 up to 775.

Any dual socket?

YES! i have a dual socket server board that is an older board with ddr1 ecc. i also dual socket 771 machine that needs converted to something newer but, id need to dissemble that machine and it’s not at my house, also major power hog at 15watts per ram stick.

Oof thats what I got now with my mac pro its why I’m on OSX so none of the ram is even on lol. I’m looking for a dual socket AMD or pent 2/3 board atm. I figure if I do my classic machine, I’ll do it right. Might as well.

well i know xp and later are the only ones that can use dual socket. even with tons of hacking and patching they couldn’t really get 98 to do anything with a second core.
the dual socket ddr1 system might be interesting with retro gaming but, you’d need some sort of pci x video card or stick with pci since it doesn’t have agp

oddly enough i stuck that dual socket 771 into a g4 case i converted to atx / etax with an eatx mobo tray kit, 70 fucking us dollars for a flipping aluminum mobo tray.

i also have quite a few CPUs too, also a few trays of RAM