Official Post your PC guts thread!

Finished my first water cooled system. Been running for about a week and no leaks. :crossed_fingers:
Idle temps seem to sit around 23C.

4 Likes

5 Likes

AMD Threadripper Pro 5995wx 64Cores
ASUS PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI
Kingston Premier KSM32RD4/64MFR 64GB 2Rx4 8G x 72-Bit PC4-3200 512GB
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 AERO 16G
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 AERO 16G
Seasonic Prime TX-1600 Titanium
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Space Gray PCMR
Ducky One 3 Daybreak
Logitech MX Vertical
Samsung 990 PRO Series NVMe SSD 2TB
Seagate Firecuda 520 500GB
Seagate Ironwolf 2TB
Seagate Ironwolf 2TB
Seagate Ironwolf 4TB
Seagate Seven 500GB
Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660
Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM - 120mm
Arctic S4028-15K 40mm fans
Arctic Case Hub Fan

2 Likes

My NAS/Forbidden Router.

It’s the most overcooled 5700G ever.

7 Likes

3990x with 256GB of RAM. During CPU 100% stress tests addressing all 256GB of ram, the CPU cores were running at 40C, the DIMMs were running at 31C and the VRMs (which typically run at 70C) were also at 31C. The blue ducts pipe in forced outside air. The bottom duct uses a high pressure Delta fan with it’s own rheostat – the GPU runs at 31C. 3.5" HDDs in the back of the case have their own fans, as does the NVME stick. Those typically run under 35C. 27 fans in the case – makes some noise, but at least everything always stays cool. It’s still way quieter than a Supermicro rack PC…

13 Likes

Here’s my current test box,
I9 10850K
64GB Memory
RTX A5000 for display out
Radeon Pro V540 for compute hopefully?..

2 Likes

I am confusion about that fan placement…

Helping keep some temps down as it’s a dual passive Server card
Without it it screams at me

1 Like

I also mean the floating top exhaust that seems to not be attached to anything…

You will want to raise that fan a cm or two, or it won’t accomplish much.

3 Likes

Been working fine as it is, less screaming and over heating, but yeah I’ll give that a shot to move it up

WOW, where has this thread been all my life? I’ll have some fun ones to show I’m sure… Iove revamping things and I did a ton of builds right before and early pandemic messing with different custom loops, AIO’s, form factors etc… :slight_smile: for now… coffee

If you make some room between the fan and the card, then you will get actual air movement on the back of the card, which will help A LOT with cooling.

My motherboard arrived so I threw a build together in my basement lab. Unfortunately it looks like a memory slot was DOA, the computer boots just fine with any memory installed in the first slot, it even overclocks nicely, but if I install anything in the second slot it won’t even boot on JEDEC, memtest throwing countless errors immediately.

Pretty annoying. If I have to do a return that’ll entail shipping it to Hungary so they can ship it to USA so Amazon can ship a fresh one to Hungary to be shipped back to me. That’ll easily set me back a month. I have other AM5 motherboards so it’s not like I can’t still work, but still. Alas, none of the BIOSes I tested would work, so a return seems probable.

3 Likes

Threw modified Accelero III on my A4000. Tempted to get slim 92mm RGB fans for it too.

Case is modified Meshify S2 with R6 bits, hiding 6 16 TB spinners and bunch of SSDs.

4 Likes

I had the same problems… I started a thread if its a amd x670 build with ddr5… cleaning contacts if i ever touched them, seating for sure securely…and all the rest was messing with voltages to get expo working if any of it helps here…

1 Like

4 Likes

Reposting from my blog/build log/semi-coherent ramble.

The first desktop PC I’ve had in a while. Still need to install KVM on it and move over all the VMs.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I did try cleaning the slots and messing with voltages. Feeding the SoC 1.35V lets me boot and run memtest successfully (at JEDEC), but this same CPU and memory in another motherboard don’t need that and will run fine on defaults, or overclock to 6400MT/s almost effortlessly, so I’m leaning towards blaming the motherboard. I’d accept if my 96GB kit doesn’t work right yet, it is very new, but this is a 64GB kit explicitly on the QVL for the board, so it really should just work. This is a B650 and the other motherboard is an X670E, but as far as RAM stability goes this should be the more stable platform since it only offers one DIMM per channel, which should make it considerably less noisy than my X670E.

It’ll take a while for Gigabyte to get back to me, maybe I can do an exchange directly with Taiwan instead of needing to mess with yanks, so I’ll continue tinkering for a while, but for now sadly it just looks like I got a dud motherboard.

1 Like

Im just going to put this up so I dont repost a ton… :slight_smile: