3950x on an x570 aorus master
64gb (two kits of 32gb) trident z neo
a sapphire nitro+ 6800xt
a honking LF2 360
3x a2000 1tb drives, one each for the OS (popOS), steam, and a scratch disk
an evga g3 (or g+) 850w gold
two 8tb seagate drives
a random hygrometer I found lying around
all in a lancool 2 mesh rgb without the rgb fans, but with an assortment of stuff for the case itself (which I got in a trade for the fans)

to the x570 aorus master owners here: how do you turn off the bios indicator led in the second pic? I’ve dug around in bios and I haven’t seen an option for it. I’m on F22, if it matters.

9 Likes

I did a partial up/side grade of my W10 game pc last night.
Swapped from a TR4 1900x/X399/32 GB 3200 MHz Cl 14 combo to a R5 3600/B550/32 GB 3600 MHz CL 16 combo. I also swapped out the psu from a EVGA G2 1300W Supernova to a Seasonic Prime GX 1000W, as the EVGA psu are following the X399 combo to another machine.

The cpu cooler is a Noctua NH-U12A.
I had bought a Be Quiet Dark Rock 4, but the fan interfered with the ram, and It bothered me enormously to have the fan sticking up higher than the cooler itself. So Noctua to the rescue :slight_smile:

The GTX 1080 are staying, since I don’t really need an upgrade there, and especially not with the current insanity going on in the GPU market.

For storage, it’s keeping the 1 TB 970 Evo boot drive & a 2 TB MX500 sata ssd.
But I’ll propably be moving a 2 TB A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro over from another machine shortly, as this one is starting to run low on space.

The two 5.25 bays house a blu ray drive and a combo 2.5" & 3.5" hot swap bay.

The case is a Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Rev. 1. I love this case, and have had it since 2016 :slight_smile:
Thermals are great too. If its crunching or something or I’m gaming, I just open the front panel for unrestricted intake.
I bought the cover plates for the HDD slots last year, as it don’t have any HDD’s anymore, and I think it look quite nice :slight_smile:

I have a Noctua NF-A12x25 fan in the top for intake blowing directly into the GPU, which have great temps and boost to just shy at 2 GHz, at 1987 MHz.
I’ve blocked off the top of the case around the fan, to avoid it just recirculating hot air :slight_smile:

I’m very pleased with the cable management :slight_smile:
I really like the " umbilical cord" from the psu to the back and up to the components :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My Ryzen rig will be getting transferred, into a slightly larger case
[from a Thermaltake H15 to a BeQuiet 500]

1 Like

I am quite happy with my current build. It took a long time and a lot of money to get it all together and it all works very well. Definitely the fastest and most carefully tuned PC i’ve had the pleasure of using over the last 40 years. This build taught me a very important lesson - while having the best parts is fun, it is rarely really needed for a good experience, save your money and avoid the tip top end parts.

PC SPECS - 5950x, ASUS Dark Hero MB, EVGA FTW3 3090, EVGA 1080 SC, GSKILL Trident Z Neo 64GB 3600 16-16-16-36 DDR4, Ice Giant ProSiphon Elite, 6 Noctua + 10 other fans of assorted sizes (all fans are pwm), roughly 10tb of storage on nvme and ssd’s, and another 20tb on HDD’s (i’ll likely add more storage later), EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 power supply.

MONITORS - Asus ROG PG43UQ (43 inch 4k 144Hz), AOC 24G2 (24 inch 1080p 144Hz).

AUDIO SYSTEM (high quality audio matters) - Klipsch heritage headphone amplifier, Argon MK 3 headphones (from ModHouse Audio), Vanatoo Transparent 1 Encore Speakers, Elgato Wave 3 microphone.

I recently moved, so this is not the final desk setup, but it shows the hardware.

Not a lot of room on this desk, i’ll get a bigger desk when I move again and have more space.

Normally the 12 inch top fan would be mounted on the inside, but the Ice Giant is a bit too tall to allow it to fit on the interior of the case.

An angled view, this case is a double layered cube on the inside, I really like this case design. (Coolermaster HAF XB EVO)

Rear View - the power supply bump out allows for very large power supplies to fit inside - (currently there’s a EVGA 1300w power supply in there)

Side view of the case - the lower left of the image shows the rear fans for the lower half of the case, and some of the HDD storage. The Blu-Ray burner is also visible on the lower right, in the 5.25 bay just above the Blu-Ray is the ICY Dock SSD bay currently containing 3 ssd’s of varying sizes. The Upper Deck shows the 1080 SC, this system needed two video cards to handle the various software loads, as the 3090 alone was not enough to handle the concurrent jobs I run on this machine.

Top view, the smaller card between the 3090 and the 1080 is a higher powered wireless lan card, I actually do use both the wireless cards in my system (the one that came on the motherboard and this one) at the same time for different purposes. I wish windows 10 could handle wireless network interleaving for higher bandwidth.

This is a view of the back panel of the 3090, the heat sinks are permanently attached to the backplate of the 3090 using Arctic Alumina thermal adhesive and put a fan on it. This insures that even under extreme loads the 3090 doesn’t overheat. It works very well and removes a major design flaw with the 3090’s - which normally lack proper cooling for the rear mounted video memory.

Pulled out view of PC internals from the top. The front of the PC is on the left of the image, rear is on the right. Airflow pushes in from front and back, and is vented out the sides and top of the case.

Even with all the fans, the PC is very quiet, I only need to run the fans at around 74-80% even during heavy loads it stays very cool.

And that’s my PC. Currently running windows 10, i plan on changing over the Linux in the next year or so. For quite a lot of reasons, i’m done with Microsoft operating systems.
Penguin’s unite!

8 Likes

My first SFF build.
Dropped a few degrees by having the bottom fan and rad fans as intake and the front fan as exhaust.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Cooler Corsair H80i v2
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
Storage Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM
Storage Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD
Storage Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2
Video Card Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB KO Gaming OC
Case Lian Li TU150
Power Supply Cooler Master V SFX Gold 850 W
Case Fan Noctua F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Case Fan Noctua A12x15 PWM chromax.black
USB Splitter 9pin USB Header Male 1 to 2 Female
Fan Controller NZXT RGB & Fan Controller - AC-2RGBC-B1

7 Likes

Here’s the guts of my new Cooler Master NR200P, which I got about half a year ago.
It is my first mini ITX system, with all mass storage in my new NAS (Synology DS220+) I didn’t need the large cases anymore. I think it turned out quite nice! :slight_smile:

With the recent addition of a new graphics card, it was a full upgrade from my old Haswell i5 system. Which was really showing its age for my gaming needs… >__<

The full spec list:

• Ryzen 5 5600X
  • B550I Aorus Pro AX
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
  • Gigabyte RX 6700XT
  • Western Digital SN550 1TB
  • Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold
  • Noctua NH-U9S

I’m looking for a monitor upgrade, but that’ll come at some later stage… Hopefully early next year.

6 Likes

MBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8GB DDR4-3200
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
SSD1: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB NVME (Linux)
SSD2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME (Windows)
PSU: Corsair RM 650W
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your information. Really amazing.

say something a bot wouldn’t say

11 Likes

Seeing as I just had a memory overclocking misadventure (home from work sick and bored) and needed to pull a stick out to post to get back into my bios…. :joy:

Originally pulled cmos battery out, but obviously not for long enough, so ended up just popping a ram stick out. I should have just done that in the first place as the battery us under the GPU… no clear cmos button and don’t know where the jumper is on this board…

Spec:

• Fractal define R6
  • Gigabyte Aorus X570s Elite AX
  • Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3800 CL18 64 GB kit
  • Corsair H115i
  • Powercolour Red Devil 6900XT
  • a couple of m.2 SSDs (a 970 evo 1Tb, and a WD 2TB of some description), 2x 860 EVO 1TB and a 850 evo 500GB

I really need to get some nicer psu cables and do something about the GPU power cable routing.

2 Likes

I finished this build last fall, I replaced the case after underwhelming performance watercooling in the Silverstone FT03-mini.

Ryzen 5600X
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AX
32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MT/s
Radeon 5700XT Mech OC
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Seasonic SGX 650W
SSUPD Meshlicious

240mm Black Ice radiator, 2x Noctua Redux fans
DC-LT pump, all alphacool fittings.
Alphacool Eisblock
Some EK CPU waterblock I got on clearance
All the tubing is 8/11mm EPDM tubing from mcmaster carr. You can’t get EPDM in that size anywhere else.

photos

https://dbx10.thigh-high.club/u094kiui1vin5ux1jrzw.jpg
https://dbx10.thigh-high.club/apxfej6ns6tv270rnwtk.jpg
https://dbx10.thigh-high.club/58fracpb2eemq78ha6rp.jpg
https://dbx10.thigh-high.club/zqckcd0m6xl7sbyn1d4s.jpg

figured ide post my pc. it has been stable for two months since build.

I7 12700k
asus prime z690-p wifi d4
corsair vengeance ddr4 3000mhz 4x8gb
powercolor hellhound rx 6700xt
2x mushkin reactor 1 TB m.2 ssd
2x WD green HDD 1TB
corsair rm750x
corsair 4000d airflow
noctua redux all the way around
noctua nh-c14s w/ redux
my apologize for potato pic.

5 Likes

Here’s mine:

5950x
MSI MEG Godlike x570
2x Radeon VII
Thermaltake toughram 64GB
Thermaltake toughfans
nzxt z73 aio
Corsair HX1000i
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Space Grey (PCMR)

I was planning to upgrade to 128, but after some tests even that amount doesn’t really cut it, so i will change platforms in the future (hopefully a not so distant one)

6 Likes

Looks nice gonna pull mine apart and wire manage some more this weekend and straighten the LEDs.

3 Likes

i9 9900KF
2x16 GB 4400mhz RAM
Radeon 6800XT
1tb nvme, 2tb external nvme, 250gb ssd as cache for a 1tb hdd
Asus rog x code motherboard
Corsair 240 aio
Corsair ml120 fans everywhere
Heavily modified lian li open air “case”
Phanteks led fan frames
1200 watt corsair psu

4 Likes

Phantek Enthroo Pro 2 Case
Asus WS C621E Sage Motherboard
2x Intel Xeon 8270CL Platinum ( 52 cores 104 threads )
Noctua NH-U12A
Asrock RX 6900 XT 16GB OC Formula
96GB Samsung 2133 Registered DDR4 SDRAM
1TB Intel 670p Raid 0 Hyper M.2 main drive
4TB Intel 670p Raid 0 Hyper M.2 Scratch drive
EVGA G2 1600w PSU

11 Likes

AMD 5800X
Crucial Ballistix Max RGB 4400 32GB RAM
AsRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming-itx
1 TB Sabrent Rocket (the cobber one)
120GB Intel 540SSD
500GB Seagate Baracuda SSD
2 TB external Sabrent Rocket (the blue one)
1200w Corsair AX psu
AsRock 6800XT Tachi OC
Corsair ML120 fan
Fractal Torrent Nano
Noctua NH-P1 heatpipe cooler

8 Likes

Wouldn’t the cooler perform better rotated 90 degrees?

3 Likes

It’s an interesting looking picture! But … why not make the case completely fanless in an open air setup instead of just the cpu cooler?

1 Like