My New Socket 2011 Build in progress

I have been wanting to do this build for about a year now and have did alot of research into it and here are the specs and some pictures of the work i have completed.

Asus Rampage 4 Extreme Motherboard

Intel 3930k Processor

G.SKILL RIPJAWS Z SERIES 2133 DDR3 RAM 62 GB's

2-XFX 7970 3GB CARDS WITH SWIFTECK KAMODO 7970 FULL WATERBLOCKS

XFX PRO SERIES 1250 WATT POWER SUPPLY

2-INTEL 520 CHERRYHILL 240GB SSD'S

1-OCZ AGILIY 3 240 GB SSD

1-FROZENQ LIQUID FUSION DUAL BAY RED HELIX

1-SWIFTECK MCP655 SPECIAL EDITION 12 VDC PUMP WITH SPEED CONTROL

1-EK SUPREME HF HIGH FLOW CPU BLOCK

2-EK COOLSTREME XTX 360 RADIATORS

11-AEROCOOL 120MM SHARK SERIES HIGH PRESURE FANS

2-AEROCOOL 140MM SHARK SERIES HIGH PRESURE FANS

1-BITSPOWER X-STATION POWER EXTENTION 2 

2 SYTHE KAZE MASTER PRO 6 CHANNEL FAN CONTROLLER's

CASE LABS MX8 CASE

ALL EK COMPRESSION FITTINGS AND BITPOWER FITINGS AND ON THE RADIATOES I HAVE MONSOON

FITTINGS

The build is not finished yet still waiting on some parts from Case Labs will post another after completion.

1 Like

1) oh my god thats sexy

2) oh my god that is one hell of a system

3) sir, your power supply is mounted behind your motherboard tray.... that is one fucking huge case....

Very awesome build. I'm going to have to post a video of my build before more people start out-doing me, lol.

I hope thats you're lan party rig.

NOT!! LOL unless you cary it lol

How are you liking the Frozen-Q bay res?

Well i love the look of it the construction is solid I have to admit i havn't hooked it up and it comes with a uv cathode in the middle of the helix so i know its going to look EPIC. The back has 3 holes so i added a bitspower screw in temp sensor.

I have koolance red uv coolant but am going to see how it looks with it but might try with different color coolants to make it pop more.

I am probably going to do some cable wrapping on the lower motherbaord connections but am looking for a deep red uv cabling everything i came across so far has more of a orange hue to it. Why do they say its red when it is actually orange is beyond me and so anoying.  

WOW....

That thing is a beast mate :) You werent joking lol.

Its not just a beast but its probably the best looking beastg ive seen yet, I love your choice of case/components!

Nice...I've got 2 of his tube reservoirs (v2 and v3 of the helix versions) but I don't have a bay res.  My EK Bay Spin is squeeking from the flow wheel so I need a new res.  I demand pics when you finally light her up. 

you got it!!

SWEET!!! Couple of questions though:

Why not go with 2400 RAM, I'm sure you have the money? 

62GB of RAM, WTF? 

Your second GFX card is over your PCH fan, why not move it in order to avoid weird noises/ unnecessary heat?

yeah, with 32GB or 64GB of ram, it becomes practiacl to ramdisk whole games... load times are non existant.... friend had skyrim in a ramdisk with 1600 mhz ram downclocked to 1333mhz, and the loading screens with the 3d models flashed by so quick sometimes it was hard to see what the models were.

I understand the uses and amenities of having 64 or 32GB of RAM, but he has 62GB, which is odd. I hope it's a typo. I can't even think of a config to achieve 62GB of RAM using standard RAM capacities of 2,4,8. You would have to have a 6GB stick which I don't belive they make.

He probably means 32, just hit the 6 instead of 3 bvy mistake lol.

Although 64gb of RAM can be very usefull as mentioned as a RAMDISK which is blazingly fast, but since he said 62, it was probably just a typo 

It is 32 and the reason why the card is in that slot is because it is the second x16 slot on the board. The ram is not 2400 mhrz because at the time i purchased the ram it was out of stock and couldn't find it in red.

One part i forgot to mention is the Thermaltake hot swapable ssd and standard bay with 2 usb 3 slots. Reason for purchasing this was because I wanted hot swap for storage and Case Labs didn't offer a USB3 front panel and wanted USB3 in the front of the case and after browsing for like a hour I came across it. I also have a USB3 expansion slot from my Asus crosshair 5 i am going to add to the back to give me more USB 3 headers. I wish i could take the LCD poster from my Asus Crosshair 3 motherboard and use it on this build because i liked being able to see my temps and voltages while gaming off the screen.I'm going to paint the thermaltake logo black because i don't like the way it looks in the front.

You know they sell the flow wheels for your res right?

Here is a update i put the video cards in parallel for better cooling and added a drain plug. Also i switched the loop so the cooler water is going directly into the CPU. I also tested the loop for 24hours no leaks!!

Ok System is still running strong after 8 years.
Only upgrade I did was a new Video Card EVGA copper top 1080 TI last year.
Time for a new epic build any suggestions?

1 Like