Level1 News: 2016-12-20: AMD Ryzen out the ai? | Level One Techs

CORRECTION!

The anime character is not Hatsune Miku, it's Azuma Hikari and she was created just for this product. http://gatebox.ai/hikari/en/ That's why she wears an apron with an egg on it, she is kinda like a very traditional stay at home wife... that can't actually cook or do laundry. I guess she could order you pizza though. At least she is supposed to be 20 years old. It would be kinda weird if it was Miku, since she is 16 years old (which is probably legal in japan, but still).

1 Like

They got wiped out by the capitalist government. As cool as swords and ninja start are they don't stand a chance against machine guns.

The whole point of speeding tickets is to get more money out of people. If everyone stops speeding they will come up with something else to get you pay again.

@wendell @twindell Internet forums will not cure my crippling loneliness. I need a pretty girlfriend that is made out of bone and flesh. But since I am socially awkward I will probably never get one. Again digital communication will never replace face to face interaction.

This anime waifu hologram is only going to make people who buy it more pathetic than they already are. The so called Otaku or NEETs are essentially embracing the fact that they fail as human being. Unable to find a mate, make an offspring and pass on the knowledge/skills they have obtained. They are a failure as a species.

I think the more realistic solution to this is to visit psychiatrist and take regular dose of testosterone.

That Gatebox thing is just another symptom of a big problem in Japanese society. Not enough kids are being born. Why? Well you actually need to have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex for that to happen. And it is not only the young men being too nerdy, insecure whatever, it's problem for young women too. They have very unrealistic expectations for example.
I don't know how to tackle the problem really, but it is very real.

1 Like

Some of the waifu functionality already exists in app form,
e.g.

Have a read of that, I think it has some amusement value at least.

1 Like

how about another section like corrections, if people bring up an interesting segway/counter point related question etc(say on these threads or the youtube comments)

that you could discuss at the end of the video?

Our forum software has a built in thread fork/combine/reference function so if a thread goes that route it can be forked into a new thread. So there would be a little link icon here and it would show up as its own thread.

1 Like

So, that's a function only a Moderator or someone with higher permissions has?

I'm not a "regular" yet, so I'm not sure if they have that ability.

I don't remember where I read about that function, but it implied to me that any user could use it, the way it was worded. Which made sense, at least to me, in that it was effectively just creating a new thread and posting in the old thread simultaneously with a link to the new one.

i.e. just simplifying a slightly more complex process.

Link icon +new topic isn't there for you ?

Oh! That's where it is.

I expected it to be a separate icon or a drop down from the Reply button.

Sharing and "splitting this conversation off to a new topic" didn't intuitively click as "related" to me, I guess. I don't usually share things like that, so I suppose I've trained myself to ignore those buttons and grouped + New Topic in with the twitter, facebook, email, etc.

Thanks.

lmfao, as if females can't experience crippling depression and the epitome of human existence is fucking so that your kid can keep miserable assholes populating the planet.

Just talk to females like they're human beings you don't want to fuck first and then eventually you'll find out how to have sex with them if you are so inclined when you realize they're human too. Regardless, there's more to human interactions than sex and even sexually active people can experience loneliness.

@wendell, you talk about shopping malls tracking our mobile phones through the MAC address. I'm a sysadmin for a company who writes the software for this. Without going too in depth, my company utilizes custom-built hardware sensors that pick up 802.11, bluetooth, CDMA and GSM signals. So, simply turning off the wifi won't make you invisible.

If you'd like to talk more in depth about this, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm not trying to sell a product or anything, in fact, I'd prefer that my company remain anonymous, but I think the community can benefit from understanding how this product works and what it's marketed towards.

2 Likes

Funny that, I always put my smartphone in airplane mode in big stores and shopping streets (and turn off my Nokia) because I suspected as much.

I guess that's the good thing about being a tin-foil-hat nutcase wacko.

1 Like

And people call me tinfoil for leaving my smartphone in the car. I've learned a lot about all the methods they're watching you and whatnot. It's crazy how accurate the information is. They also want to move it to a point where your phone rings and gives you promotions and recommendations when you walk in the mall. That's fucking crazy and intrusive if anything is. (and Tbh, it would just annoy me so much that I would want to go to the mall less than I already do, which is already quite seldom)

Man, sometimes I feel like I'm working for the enemy...

2 Likes

I never said that so stop twisting my words. At some point most people want to have a family and if they can't achieve that in their lifetime then they failed as a species. You may not like me comparing humans to animals but at the most fundamental level the goal is the same. Survive > reach your prime > reproduce > pass on your knowledge.

I'm afraid that doesn't cut it. I always treat girls like human beings but that's not enough. They want you to be good looking, confident, funny and something be a dick. If you just treat them nicely they will shit on your head and leave you. Lot of girls like assholes if you didn't notice. Of course nobody wants to deal with complete dickheads but it's that dominant character trait that is attractive to them I guess.

Not sure why you keep stressing this. I never implied my goal was just to have sex. If all I wanted was sex I could just pay hookers to sleep with me but that's not what I'm after.

I have location services on just to see what it tells me sometimes. Whenever I walk into a restaurant or a store, I notification from Google pops up to ask to to leave pictures or a review...

To play devil's advocate, it has given me some really useful information. For instance, one time I has headed toward an accident and it sent me a notification. Redirected via a different route. I still got to where I was headed on time.

*shudders*

Yeah, There are positives and negatives of these sort of things. Like, from our business perspective, we're basically giving physical store owners the ability to do the same thing that google analytics can do to their website. It's kinda cool in a creepy sort of way.

1 Like

Saying that you're a failure as a species if you can't procreate is basically saying the only way you can be a valid member of the human species if you procreate. You can do that last bit of "passing on your knowledge" all without ever having a single child you know. If you can't find someone to have a family with call it a personal failure maybe (if you set it as one of your goals), but it's pretty laughable to call that a failure as a species in general. Some people don't have good genetic material to pass on in the first place, so sometimes it's better they don't procreate and give back in other ways if they're so concerned anyway.

Duh. I highly doubt you yourself go around chasing after "ugly", shit-tier quality girls, and if you do you should stop because you're setting your standards the wrong way. Girls don't want an asshole, they want someone with a backbone and some goddamn confidence in themselves. That and someone who has the motivation to take care of themselves and doesn't need a "partner" to be complete. Obviously that's easier said than done for a lot of people, but the best way to find a meaningful romantic/sexual relationship, or at the very least get laid, is to take care of yourself and the rest will follow. Even if you don't get laid you should hopefully feel better about yourself and make decisions in your life that you'll look back on and go "I don't care if I got laid or not, I'm proud of what I did."

You literally used the words "failure as a species" to describe someone who cannot have sex. Again, that's basically saying if you can't have sex you aren't a valid human being. Even if that's not what you intend to say that's what your words convey.

Ahh... I was looking for this comment. There was post on 9gag about some robotic doll that came with VR girl. And then someone dropped a bombshell ROFL.

When a girl buys a vibrator, its seen as a bit of naughty fun. BUT when a guy orders a 240 Volt FuckMaster Pro 5000 blowup latex doll with 6 speed pulsating vagina, elasticized anus with non-drip semen collection tray, together with optional built in realistic orgasm scream surround sound system, hes called a pervert?

1 Like

I think what's greatest about that quote is how it opens your minds to the possibilities.