Which is your favorite game

Thanks, @tomtalk24 for letting me know about X4 Foundations. It looks like it is something I would be interested in. I have a quick question, would you suggest I purchased and play the other X games first before playing X4?

1 Like

Not really mate. They are all kinda the same explore, trade, defend, get rich sorta thing. And the learning curve is huge. You can learn about the lore and species else where.
Check out some game play videos, as I wouldnt want someone to buy something then not like it. I did this with Elite Dangerous.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

You ever go to the police station to get the uniform then go down to the Airport to steal the helicopter then spend hours doing the ā€œBrown Thunderā€ Vigilante mission to make hundreds of millions of fake money?

That is one thing I miss from the older GTA games, there was always a few broken ways to make a ton of money. Now if you want a ton of money you have to buy it or have a whole crew that can flawlessly run certain missions.

3 Likes

I did enjoy playing the missions, but had no need for the cash. Between the businesses making money and the hidden packages giving weapons I had all I needed. I have 100% completion on it which is rare for me.

If were going by hours then Space Engineers(2791h) and Animal Crossing (1893h) are my clear winners.

But if where going with games I could revisit at any time; it would be a toss up between the Half life and Halo franchise.
Runner up would be the first Deus Ex, the Ezio trilogy of Assassins creed, Portal/Gmod, Witcher 3 and the newer Wolfenstein/Doom games.

Only game I play anymore. Used to like Counter-Strike and Siege, hate them now.

Tough. Between quake, counter strike, fable, and privateer gemini gold.

fffable lost chaptas

1 Like

Yes, I have played them all. 5 is really good, but Vice City is over all my favourite, I love all then parts of it. 2 is also really good as well.

2 Likes

My alltime fav has to go to Diablo 2. I lost basically my whole childhood to that game. I played it obsessively over years. We made LAN Partys, and would start on CS1.6 or such, but after an hour or two we would be on Diablo 2 Local multiplayer and not leave for 3-4 days.

More Recently iā€™ll be going against the whole ā€œexperienceā€ thing. My favorite is shared between Rocksmith(2014) and Overwatch. The first one is a game i could/can probably play until the end of time. No Multiplayer, no Improvements needed and it just works. With Custom DLC available iā€™ve got enough content to keep me entertained until i die.
Overwatch is getting more stale lately. But itā€™s still a favorite as i play it with friends. We meet basically every evening and hang out an hour or two to do some matches. The game isnā€™t as entertaining as others, but time with friends beats better games for me any time.

1 Like

Lately, enjoying a bit of apex legends, even though Iā€™m not too good. I suspect Iā€™ll play it a bit more and then shelve it. Same with latest destiny 2 dlc- I like the game, but too grindy to pull me in for what time I do have.

All timeā€¦ You know it, I know it, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

It is the best of the old 2D GTAs, 3 large cities, interesting gangs and it has a gang loyalty system where you need to do things for them to get missions, but working for one gang will anger another. It also had lots of little side things to do like the rampages, and hidden packages. It is very fun.

1 Like

finally someone thinks alike

1 Like

Arcade: Bubble Bobble

FPS: Doom 1+2 with all the wads there are, tied with Shadow Warrior (1997)

Sandbox: Minecraft (most mindfuck/revolutionary shit at the time, played it since infdev. Still play it with modpacks like FTB. Tied closely with Factorio (my new crack cocaine)

RTS: Total Annihilation followed closely by Supreme Commander

RPG: Baldurs Gate 2

MMO: Anarchy Online

Platform: Cosmos Cosmic Adventure

Racing: Lotus III: The Ultimate Challenge

Action: SPYRO THE DRAGON :ok_hand: literally better than Dark Souls

The 3dfx era of gaming was the epitome for me along with the amiga era and early epic megagames and apogee releases on the IBM PC.

new gaming is trash, itā€™s only downhill from here

*sips *

LMAO download

3 Likes

I do play a lot of Dayz, I know thatā€™s not a single player game but I have always played it that way. Lone wolf, avoiding contact with other players keeping to myself out in the back woods. Exploring and surviving out in the wild. https://thegadgetwire.com/tutuapp/ https://www.oovoo.com/adam4adam/ https://thegadgetwire.com/appvalley/

1 Like

I played KOTOR yesterday. Started playing ~15 years ago. I replay it once every few yearsā€¦

1 Like

For myself itā€™s always been the Total War series going back to the original Shogun Total War of 2000 with the Mongol Invasion pack. MTW II was pretty good and so was Shogun Total War 2.

But more recently Iā€™ve been addicted to Arma 2 and Arma 3. I donā€™t like the FPS aspect so much as commanding large assets up to the company level and then just watching the destruction especially at night with all the best sound and explosion mods added. Trying to find order out of the chaos of battle in the night and developing situational awareness on a big complex map is a lot of fun. Looking forward to using it with all the cores and threads in my Threadripper for VM headless clients managing more than one AI thread

Having said that GTA5 looks like so much fun I donā€™t see how I can avoid playing it sooner or later.

1 Like

That is how I play Dayz wet west as quickly as possible and live in the back woods.

Back with the mod I playewd as Hero, I really miss the bandit/Hero mechanic in the stand along game. Playing on the same server as Hero saving other players with med supplies and food.

My old YouTube channel was wall to wall Dayz, first the mod then early Standalone game play. I was one of the pre-Alpha testers playing with the Devs before the game went early acsess.

1 Like

I spend more time watching ShackTac videos on YouTube than I do playing these days. If time zone wasnā€™t an issue I would love to join ShackTac and would have done years ago but playing into the early hours with family commitments has always stopped me.

1 Like

Well that is it eh? Once youā€™re an adult and you have serious life concerns like getting to a good position in the world, gaming is cancer on your available time. Itā€™s crack cocaine for the male mind . Someone above said that gaming was going nowhere now. I heartily disagree. We are on the cusp of an era where gaming will become irresistibly seductive; 4k VR is coming soon and the graphic fidelity is through the stratosphere, and the shortcomings of AI can be largely overcome with multiple virtual machines running headless clients on additional threads with the Linux version of the game graphics free. Iā€™ve been watching a lot of how to videos on this. Iā€™m thinking of spending the dough and setting up my own Arma 3 server now that Iā€™ve got the rig and my new fiber optic link is 1GB/s. I see all these other guys doing this and making it pay for itself through online donations. Arma is nothing at all like COD or any other war game; it cries out for organized command structure and I think that headless clients both for the enemy and your own side provides that. Just playing solo with the Hetman Artificial Commander mod and artillery for both sides, even just mortars makes the game amazing with dramatic surprises.
Digital Combat Simulator in all its permutations is crazy beautiful, particularly the new Las Vegas and Persian Gulf maps. Iā€™ve been watching FailRaceā€™s online play where 18 or 19 players in cars hunt for him through the streets of LA in high speed chases. Los Santos is gorgeous. That is just wild and so much fun.