Which is your favorite game

As you can see these kinds of sims veer off to a more serious adult approach. DCS comes in over a dozen variants; DCS Black Shark 2 is modeled in such detail that played in full form just starting up this combat helicopter takes half an hour of intense work. You have to study a manual thatā€™s thicker than the Bible, thanks to the complete collapse of the Soviet Union and unprecedented access to their military secrets.

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is $100 but itā€™s more than just a game, a very adult, complex realistically modeled game requiring chess level contemplation. Itā€™s the equivalent to the complete Janes fighting ships Janeā€™s missile systems, and Janeā€™s aircraft. Somebody wrote to me that thatā€™s at least $2000 in documents. Military confrontations take place in ultra realistic detail all over the globe all the time (you can even plug the game into Google Earth). You can manage a crisis involving a couple aircraft over the Ukraine or you can be overwhelmed trying to handle a full World War III scenario in immense complexity.

Itā€™s a living textbook of the current world military defense status and so a valuable tool for those interested in trying to understand the balance of power in world affairs.

1 Like

And without being too pedantic here but I donā€™t want to leave out Steel Beasts Pro PE which is actually a serious armored warfare simulator sold to militaries in the same way that ARMA III is actually an offshoot of VBS 3 (virtual battle space) another sim sold to militaries throughout the world.

https://bisimulations.com/products/virtual-battlespace

Steel Beastsā€™ graphics are not the best but they keep getting better all the time. Itā€™s a one man creative show and I have to hand it to the guy that created it, heā€™s done a heroic job. If modern armored column warfare is your thing there it is in great detail

It does things that Arma 3 canā€™t handle, like having hundreds of tanks advancing through fields behind vast curtains of artillery smoke

1 Like
1 Like

Mount&Blade Napoleonic Wars multiplayer was 10/10

Anglo Zulu War for M&B was pretty dank too :ok_hand:

The latest version of Mount and Blade is looking REALLY good.

800 characters at 60fps?

Total War, watch out.

blog_post_66_taleworldswebsite_03

2 Likes

Picked Fallout 4 back up a few weeks ago. Been recording my progress, and even wrote a mod for it (still rough around the edges.) Tempted by Fallout 76, but no NPCs in a Fallout game just seems ā€¦ unnatural.

1 Like

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt - NES. All time favorite. There is no others.

1 Like

runescape is still my jam osrs and rs3 really fun still to this day

1 Like

I just grabbed Blade & Sorcery on the Oculus store and HOLY SHIT. That game damn near made me punch my wall multiple times. I canā€™t wait to see it once itā€™s been polished and refined a bit more.

The trailer makes it look easy but itā€™s not. Itā€™s fucking hard.

1 Like

No you know what its privateer gemini gold.

Yeah, Iā€™m also enjoying Apex Legends. Really better for me than Fortnite or PUBG. If you want to play together, just leave a message on https://dreamteam.gg/apex/lfg so we can play in the squad. If you have friends who are playing Apex Legends, invite them to join too.

Recently must be SEKIRO: Shadows Die Twice

1 Like

You ever played POD (Planet OF DEATH)?
Itā€™s pretty great haha
Interestate '76 is also another good 3dfx games
ALONG WITH THE VENERABLE MechWarrior 2 :slight_smile: (Merc expansion was dope)

also, autism is a banned word? (DISCRIMINATION!!!)
EDIT: was a ā€œfilteredā€ word (past tense)

1 Like

Seems like Star Wars games suck at first then they give you the good stuff later on
Game was almost unplayable on my Kavari dual gfx setup. Saw it get several updates that would clog my DSL for a day or 2.
Decided to give it a second try with starfighter in arcade mode at 720 low.
I had a BLAST! Game is really fun, best part is I donā€™t have to hope someone is online and likes the same game.
Find a Tie Bomber, lock on missile, fire!

See a window on a starship, fly through itā€¦hey could not do this on Battlefront 1!

1 Like