What's Your Daily Carry?

My lightweight daily carry. Does not include school stuff when I go to uni.

• HTC One M8(Not Pictured)
  • OG Pebble Black
  • JLab JBud J4M
  • Wallet

My daily carry? I would take a picture of my fat guy I have to carry around and post it on here but I don't think people want to see that.

Literally only one thing. A Penknife. Thats for work, I use it for opening silage bales, cutting baler twine, and cutting cows tails (and that last one doesn't happen very often).

Don't bother with a phone, because where I work phone signal is pretty much non existant.

Wallet.
Vape.
Vape juice.
Pocket knife
1911 .45 ACP
Lighter

Of course also wallet, keys and a cellphone.

Having both been shot with a gun and a bow and stabbed with a pen and a bunch of other point objects in my life I try not to use that line...

What the fuck are you doing that gets you shot, stabbed, skewered, and prodded? Policing south Hampton?

1 Like

Removing this as I don't leave stuff about other peoples past on forums when they are a different person than they used to be as I wouldn't want it coloring anyones opinion of them if someone decided to search and see what the people around them have said. Hopefully you read it before the edit.

On the other hand I always leave everything about my uncle as he's the Supreme High King of the Douchebags and will never change.

I don't carry much specially if I'm taking the car. usually just minus the backpack, when I take the bike i take the backpack just in case i want to buy something:

I would like to get a CCW, but since I just bought a bike don't have the funds. I don't expect to have to use it but a few days ago someone was shot only a few blocks from my house, and the crime rate is higher in my city.

And since I ride a bike(not bicycle) if stopped at a light someone could easily run up and try to push you off or some other shit, pull a knife on you, if you keep your eye out and are ready then you can draw before they get to you and deter them, now sure there are times where you can just use the bike and move or times where you don't see them and yes then it becomes useless, but I would rather have it then be without one and just let the dude that i see walk up and shank me.

How likely is such a thing to happen? Probably, hopefully never but would you not keep a savings an owh shit my car broke down and i need some backup money? well you didn't keep a savings so now you're fucked. same for a CCW.

also my phone not pictured, Galaxy s4

gun that i would probably get due to size for ccw, buddy got one it's pretty sweet. it's a ruger .380 w/laser sight

True daily carry stuff (on my person). The only interesting thing in my wallet is that shiny metal bit next to it, which is a splinter remover: the tip is super sharp and hooked on the end. You can perform surgery with it. It is amazing.

The little multitool on my keyring is nice. Mainly a box cutter, since so many bottles are twist-off nowadays.

My Jeep knife is a plain blade, but also has a seatbelt cutter and window punch.

The phone is nothing special. Mainly, it can do calls + text messages + not cause drama if it gets smashed.

Not shown is my lanyard with 32GB and 64GB USB drives. The former is for moving files about; the latter carries a backup of whatever I'm working on.

I sometimes carry a bag.

Inside is my Aspire One, which, despite age and specs, is an awesome little netbook. Presently, it runs Ubuntu 14. I have a bigger laptop which I carry when needed, but I don't like it as much. The netbook is great for browsing, IRC, and coding. Always have the charger and a travel mouse with it.

Next, a couple USB cables, a CAT5E cable, and a USB power adapter. At the top are a USB hub (I think that's a bluetooth dongle in it; though I don't know why, since the netbook has bluetooth already). Then there's a little case with an SD card and a mini SD card adapter, and a USB card reader.

Notebook, pen, business cards.

The mini-leatherman has pliers, scissors, and tweezers, and a companion knife. Last but not least, an aluminum flashlight.

I used to carry (in my car, I mean) a nice little first aid kit and a few other emergency tools — radios, survival blankets, wire saw, pry bar, chlorine tabs, firestarter, etc.. I need to rebuild those kits.

Yes. And Wifi. The NFC triggers the Wifi, which is what your phone connects to for remote shooting and / or transferring photos and video.

Daily college carry

• Chromebook Pixel LTE & Charger
  • Ipod Classic 80 Gb & Charger
  • SD Cards
  • Pens & Pencils
  • Vivis knight battery pack
  • Shitty Windows Phone (not pictured) & Charger
  • Inner tube rubber wallet
  • Leatherman
  • Glasses Case
  • Inhaler so I don't die
  • Wallmart
  • Deodorant
  • Folder for handouts
  • Three subject notebook
  • Leather notebook

Wow, I completely misread that at first.
"What's your daily carry?"
"Wallmart".
Moving on.

As my daily carry, I carry my Xperia Z3, watch and wallet. I usually don't carry cash in my wallet, just plastic.
When heading to work I take a small back pack, which holds my headphones and something to pass the time at lunch (either New 3DS XL or Vita OLED) and an umbrella as well as a sandwich.

For travelling around (depending on destination) I often carry my backpack too, which contains my laptop (MSI GS70 rebranded by Cyberpower, upgraded to two 120GB mSATA SSDs in RAID 0 and RAM to 16GB), its charger, a wireless Sandstrom mouse, BT wireless dongle (in case the WLAN card isn't working again), a 512GB SSD in USB3 caddy, USB Blu Ray drive, umbrella and sometimes pen and paper.

Sorry I spelt wallmart wrong, fixed it now, Moving on,

Made some changes and slimmed down my backpack:

• Dakine 101
  • notepad + 2-3 pens
  • pocket calendar
  • pack of tissues + wetwipes
  • hand sanitizer
  • drugs (headache, heartburn, etc.)
  • USB flash drive
  • Medion Akoya E6416 (MD99544) laptop + wall-charger + Logitech M305
  • micro-USB cable for phone
  • iPod touch 4th Gen. 8GB + Audio Technica ATH-M40x (only when not carrying the laptop, when I ahve the laptop with me then I have some spare Samsung earphones that came with my old mp3-player) + charging cable
  • waterbottle (Sigg 0.6L)

I'm working on a PhD, and apart from while on campus, I almost always carry. My father, JD, PhD, chaired professor, always carries (again, not while on campus). My mother, petroleum geologist, always has one in her purse. My brother is working on his degree in engineering part-time, and he always carries. Don't believe the media hype that guns are for the uneducated.

In the words of Burt Gummer, "if you need it, and don't have it, you sing a different tune."

My Phone with a 3 pocket Wallet Case

Right now:
Bank Card
Myki (Train pass)
and my Student ID which I will be replacing with a Driver ID if I got off my lazy ass to get one.
Earphones Sennhieser CX 175

I guess I will throw in on this thread even though it was dead for a while.

G20, 2 extra mags. Sometimes a G29
Holster is Crossbreed Supertuck in horse.
Emerson Super Roadhouse
4sevens 2AAA
Nexus 6 on Project Fi
S6 Active not shown(took the pic)
Vape is a VaporFlask DNA40 with a Arctic by Horizontech
Wallet is a Saddleback Leather credit card wallet.

I didn't picture my belt but it is very important to have a solid base for your gear. I use a Ares Gear Spartan.

I noticed, Love me some striders. Simply tanks.

My school carry:
    - Asus T100 w/ Win8. The tiny size kinda bugs me, but it's really a decent little computer. I have no problems with LibreOffice or web browsing. It boots up and shuts down super fast and the battery lasts all frickin day.
    - iClicker 2. Some thingy we have to use for attendance and quizes. It's actually really neat, except it costs $56 and I only need it for one of my classes. If I used it more often I wouldn't mind the cost.
    - Solo 15" laptop bag / backpack. It's got backpack straps on the back, which is really nice.
    - Pink eraser.
    - Uni-ball Jetstream x2.
    - Uni-ball Kuru Toga and extra .5mm lead.
    - 4GB Maxell flash drive.
    - Folder and notebook.
    - Fenix TK15 flashlight.

My Mobile Productivity Carry:
    - HP Envy M6 1105-DX w/ 256GB Toshiba SSD, 16GB Corsair RAM, running Ubuntu GNOME. I would be using this for school too, except the battery barely lasts long enough to get through class and I don't want to take any risks, so I only take it places where I know I'll have access to a power outlet.
    - Kobalt mini tool kit
    - Ka-Bar Mule
    - Everything else is the same, minus the notebook, folder, and iClicker.
    Mostly I use this for when I don't feel like coding at home, or if I'm going to a friend's house or something.

My wife who weighs 120 lbs dripping wet and is working on her masters degree carries. She lives in cheap housing and has had people follow her home after classes (she goes to school 2 hours away). With her size she's not going to win a physical confrontation, however we go to the range almost every weekend and run drills with her 1911 so that if she needs to she can protect herself.

I live in a fairly small town that has an unusually high number of drug users, and I carry for the same reason.

Neither of us has ever had to use our firearms, and neither of us ever want to. The fact is it's a tool.

Also, My father, Masters degree, Concealed carries, Mother, Masters degree, concealed carries, Grandfather, Doctorate, Concealed carries.

2 Likes