What's Your Daily Carry?

Small town with a bunch of druggies. Sounds like somewhere between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, Or Wisconsin.

The last one.

still just anecdotal evidence. how many of them have actually had to discharge their weapon in self defense?

1 Like

Emerson? Someone has good taste.

My father worked for 20 years with the ATF, Grandfather was Navy, Mother was in Army. I'd say all 3 of them at one point.

Cant have guns here in the uk...

i'd say you dont really know. anecdotal evidence is still anecdotal.

You aren't going to convince him. And, he isn't going to convince you. Why keep debating?

cause this is the internet!

1 Like

Just found an interesting subreddit called /r/BuyItForLife and wanted to ask you guys if you have any items in your EDC that fit the description that you might want to share/recommend? (sturdy, well built) Or maybe warn other members to not buy certain brands/models (maybe even often well-known brands that advertize/have a reputation of being of superior quality but are just crap).

So sad that this was abandoned. I will try to maybe Revive it.. Maybe.

I have had my leatherman since I was 10, and it was my uncles before he passed. So I have no idea of old it is but I use it everyday and it is pretty god damned sturdy. Woot Multi-tools.

Phone, wallet, headphones, usb battery bank, mirco-usb cable and lightning cable.

Edit: Well I don't have the lightning cable yet but I am getting a 6s plus in a few days so I am compensation for that.

Left of the watch is what I carry to camp, right is everyday carry.
Phone, wallet, 15Wh battery pack (with cable), watch, pencil.
Zippo, match container, pharosium rod, multitool, knife, eating tool and a flashlight

I never had problems with any of my camping EDC. I owned the pharosium rod and eating utensil for 5 years, the knives and the multitool for about 2, the match container for about 6 and the flashlight for about 2 also.

Klipsch S40 earbuds
cool little Chinese knife
wooden box with happy pills
cheap led flashlight bc no phone flash :c
Asus U30SD which survived a car crash!
Kangertech kbox mini
lighter because blunts don't light themselves!
Guitar pick in case of guitar emergencies
Not pictured is my Moto E 2015 as it was busy taking this poor quality image with no flash and there should be a wallet in there somewhere hmmm
*brushless RC motors not included

Do you happen to know the brands of the things?

1 Like

I know the people here who don't carry guns are having a hard time wrapping their heads around it, but it's really not as strange as you think. I've been carrying a gun for years now, and it becomes completely normal and you stop thinking twice about it. It feels no different to me than having a flashlight, knife, or pen; and it's just an extra tool that's in my bag that I know is there in case I need it. Walking into my house at 2am living right next to the woods, it feels good just knowing that I have my gun.

All of us here are Libertarian in the sense that we all want privacy, and we don't view government spying as freedom. The ones here that carry hold that same opinion when it comes to having the right to be able to defend your life. I don't think it's right that somebody else can tell you how you can defend your own life.

Also in regards to people who carry being less educated; this may seem true when you think about some hill billy in the south, but I think the majority of people who carry are very aware of the magnitude of what they're carrying. Most gun owners are very responsible people, who care about their protection and care about freedom.

And for anyone that thinks you can have the 1st and 4th amendment without the 2nd amendment, you're mistaken. If things ever get worse than they are right now in regards to coercion from the state and completely out of control spying; then the people who own guns in this country will be the last line of defense again tyranny.

2 Likes

My 'not working' carry has just had a massive overhaul so had to post.

• Chrome Citadel Tek Syndicate Backpack (received this today and it's extremely nice)
  • MSI GS60 2QE Ghost Pro 4K ( 2.7GHz i7 5700HQ, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX970M 3GB)
  • Steel Series x MSI Siberia V3 Mouse (came free with my laptop and haven't fully decided if I like it yet)
  • Anker Power Bank with USB Type C and Micro USB cables)
  • OnePlus 2 64GB
  • Ecig and Juice
  • 3 Meter Cat5e cable
  • GoPro Hero 4 Silver
  • Small LED torch
  • Torque multi-bit screwdriver
  • Notebook and pen
  • USB Drives (one with Ubuntu Gnome and one with Kali 2.0)
  • Wallet
  • Keys (with 64GB Kingston Datatraveller USB 3.0 drive)

I'd like to be able to carry a small knife as it's always handy but I don't feel like getting arrested.

One day I will find the motivation to post my work daily carry but there's just so much stuff and I simply cannot be bothered.

2 Likes

Depending on were you live knifes may not be illegal. Non locking Victorinox fife are legal everywhere. Spyderco has a few knifes designed to be legal in Europe.

8 or so flash bangs..... Usually gets me through any situation I happen to run into.

1 Like