What is your Current Linux Setup?

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/linux-emulation/article.html

1 Like

amen

1 Like

Currently rocking Antergos on my Thinkpad T430 with Gnome, but looking to switch it up soon or maybe just changing DEā€™s to Budgie or something.

cinnamon on fedora. i like it but iā€™m gonna be checking out antergos when i get back home from vacation.

the least ordinary setup i ever had was right after ubuntu started using unity for their default desktop. i was tired of using an unpolished turd so i added a login config that just started up compiz and AWN instead of unity. i think it would crash decently often but i still enjoyed it more than unity.

Currently work with ubuntu based stacks in work and at home. Looking to get involved with a distro. Might check out Fedora.

OpenSUSE LEAP 42.3 on every machineā€¦ running the upstream kernel from the repostiory which is currently 4.13-RC5

Its nice to always be on the latest kernelā€¦ Ive noticed zero stability issues the opensuse build team for the kernel really is ontop of their shitā€¦ flawless repackage and release from the kernel.org buildsā€¦

You know whats not deprecated in OpenSUSE Leap 42.3 :stuck_out_tongue: even on the latest kernel 4.13-RC5 ā€¦ the synaptics touchpad driverā€¦ they have no intent toā€¦ literally in IRC theres a conversation on it and the maintainer was like WHY break what isnt broke??

I know you love budgieā€¦ to each their ownā€¦ im just yanking your chain which speaking of yanking chains @Dje4321 I know our lord and savior Linus torvalds uses fedora but my god its so unstable lolā€¦ like breaking it catastrophically is too easyā€¦ and im pretty good at fixing my mistakesā€¦ LOL IDK how you shill it out so much. Perhaps Fedora 26 might be betterā€¦ last I used was 25 on my ryzen system with the latest upstream kernel

1 Like

fedora 26 will be much better on ryzen because its on 4.12.5 atm. fedora 27 is scheduled to be released arouind Q4ā€™17 and that will end up on 4.13 or 4.14

i use fedora because it just works very well for me

2 Likes

My nas server is running debian, my raspberry piā€™s are running raspbian but my laptop runs fedora 26 with Gnome.

I had a dual boot setup on my machine but there was no point going to linux other than yey i am on linux doing what i could do in windows 10x faster and more efficient.

Maximum Yes-ing intensifies

on the 2011 macbook, nothing currently, not worth it for drivers. every time theres an update wifi stops working.

On the main pc, fedora 26, basically sticking with what installs cos it works and I like it

mac mini 2009, latest debian, its for remote access.

HP stream 360, stuck with windows.

I feel like my neckbeard isnā€™t long enough to join this conversation. :disappointed:

Anyhow, Iā€™m running a Thinkpad X220 with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Theoretically, I know I could run Unity with any other distro, but whatā€™s the point? I satisfied with apt-get, Unity works wonders on a 1366x768 screen, and Ubuntu has a solid base. I used to run Mint on my desktop as well, but Iā€™ve literally filled up an entire 1TB SSD in games, so thatā€™s purely Windows at this point.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got Fedora 26 and gnome on my xps 15 and Iā€™ve got Manjero with Xfce dualbooting with windows on my main computer.

1 Like

its apt.

apt-get is the deprecated syntax.

1 Like

This I agree with.

This I donā€™t. Regardless of the ā€œapt-getā€ vs ā€œaptā€ thing, Iā€™ve had nothing but problems with Debian packaging in production systems. It drives me up the wall.

Antergos Gnome 3 PC & Antergos XFCE Laptop. Both fully AMD powered.

2 Likes

GNU Emacs is the only operating system I needā€¦ Now only if I could find a decent text editor for it :wink:

1 Like

i really want to go to linux, but muh games, and i really have badluck with linux, everytime i try to use it as a daily driver i spent most of my time fixing issues than actually using it :frowning:

What linux OotB distro would yā€™all recommend for a daily driver?

-Fallen

Just took the plunge with Solus + Budgie DE. I was so satisfied on the first boot that I immediately went to their Patreon page and pledged 10 bucks a month.

Spacemacs is a pretty good editor for emacs, check it out!

1 Like