What is your Current Linux Setup?

I’m supporting Ubuntu Mate on Patreon :smiley:

3 Likes

Is that Popey? Ubuntu Mate is a very solid choice.

nice. glad to see people support the open source community

though about sending some money fedoras way

2 Likes

One of the goals was achieved and that’s why their new forum is a discourse forum now. Their next milestone is 5 grand a month; which allows for a full-time person to work on Ubuntu Mate. Up until now its all been part time with community contributions.

3 Likes

It is an exciting time for desktop Linux!

1 Like

Indeed!

I would give more, but I’m only a part time worker and college student >.<

Lack of monies.

1 Like

thats how it is with everyone who uses linux. if they had money they would buy a mac because it just works

/s

Triggered. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Ubuntu Mate. Or netrunner. :3 I tend towards netrunner though.

if i had money I’d buy stuff from pogo linux or system76 high-end.

If it was a mac it’d be for target practice.

I have taken a blood oath to never buy anything apple. They are uber cunts.

2 Likes

i wouldnt mind a used macbook because then i atleast know they are not getting my money. Just throw some linux on it and call it a day

1 Like

Macbook 2,1 with open boot :U

2013 macbook, after that they went to shit.

Been distro hopping for the last month, started on Manjaro and in the end back on Manjaro.

back on the fourm!!! after about a year getting level1tech’s linux obsession i have to say after OS hopping arch antergos is my fav.

I have to use win on my main pc/work pc for VS dev. however my home servers have:
antergos main : vnc/irssi
pfsence server
kali : ssh
ubuntu media server
win media server
win remote server.

its nice to be able to link to pc’s at home to work on demadanding projects. dont really like using cloud services… thanks #level1 for making me tin foil hat

I run Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on my 2008 HP dc5850 with a Phenom II X4 B97 at a whopping 3.2GHz.
I run Xubuntu 18.04 on my Sandy Bridge i5 laptop. Both screens look the same Plank Dock on the left, the Panel with Brisk Menu on the bottom and detailed internals from Conky on the right.

I use Virtualbox and I use ZFS for all my storage. My desktop has 3 striped HDDs, 2.5" and 3.5" with, 320, 500 and 1000GB. My laptop runs a 1TB SSHD also with ZFS for data storage. ZFS has a ½ to 3GB cache and uses lz4 compression by default.

A cardboard box powered by a bottle of Fanta.

3 Likes

Don’t tempt me.

I just might make this.

1 Like

Patently waiting while sipping bottle of fanta.

2 Likes

So are we talking Fanta as a power source or as a cooling solution. I think cooling solution is more doable.