What is every ones audio setup?

Look at all the leg room

i use the hdmi output on my graphics card into my Samsung HDTV with the optical out from the tv going into my sony STR-DG510 Home Theater Receiver, which usually outputs to a pair of sony book shelf style speakers and a sony center speaker. sometimes i have my skull candy viking hesh headphones.

here is a pic representation

->->->->->+OR 

full pic of all components

This is my old one... well a month ago that is practically what I used to rock on... I'm dismantling it since I'm shifting my stuff closer to the uni that I'll be studying in.

Old Speaker Setup

It's all bookshelf really since I didn't have much space. At the last moment my setup was centered around a second hand Onkyo TX-SR604. This powered my CEED 682f bookshelves (drivers are apparently by Peerless, the company that made the speakers folded after six months of operating), Q Acoustics for the rest. The 1010 for the rear left and right, with the accompanying Center and Sub for the other bits. This was all connected to a Creative ZxR soundcard. 

Now I'm just thinking of what to build next... most likely would be a pair of floor standers for the hifi side, an another set for my home theater. Couple by a headphone setup connected to my pc. 

omg the sound wave interference.

This is my current system:

Components:

• Two ADAM AUDIO S3X-H.
  • One ADAM AUDIO Sub24.
  • A NAD M51 DAC.
  • A Playstation 3 Slim.
  • A Sony S5100 Blu-ray Player.
  • A Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 for Mic pre-amp/DAC.
  • Custom Speaker stands.
  • A pair of ISOacoustics speaker isolation stands.
  • An Apple Airport Express, I need it for Airplay.
  • A Logitech Harmony One universal remote (not in the picture).
  • An IBM APC 1500VA UPS to protect everything.

For now, it's the best sounding, best valued system I ever have (for now).

Dude, the first picture looks like you've got cocaine all over your things.

AudioEngine A5+ for speakers

M50s for headphones

I bet your neighbors love you.. lol

ya, most of you place to much in brand names not enough in the science. I am glad to see some speakers. :)~

I haven't started on my full audio set up quite yet, but my plans currently are:

Marantz NR 1504 reciever

and looking at a pair of the Paradigm Mini Monitors or Studio 10s and Sub 8 to start my serious audio setup.

I really want to build my own cabinets out of some nice Cherry or a variety of Oak, and plant the drivers from the Paradigm (10s hopefully) into them.

To get a step in though, I'm looking to buy the Audioengine A5+, just waiting on reviews before settling on those, or else I'll be looking towards a pair of the Paradigm A2s. I'm unsure of what to drive these with, maybe the the Audioengine DAC, very undecided on this part as of yet.

Headphones wise, I have my Q701s and my HD558 currently and the ATH-M50x on pre-order. My DAC solution will be the same DAC for the start-up speaker setup, right now it's likely the Audioengine option unless I find something I really like that offers the same connectivity, hence ruling out the O2 in my options.

Houses next to mine are either an empty house, or a rented house for store clerks (company owned). So I'm "safe" :D

I used to have lazy Logitech S-120 speakers that work when it feels like working. It got replaced with Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers. At minimum and maximum volume these Promedia speakers sound terrible.

2 Yamaha S115V Club sereis. 2 12" Black widows 

1 2x18' Yamaha Sub SW218V club series

1 1200 watt power mixer

1 Crown 1500 watt power amp

1 dual band 64 ch EQ

1 BBE 882i sonic maximizer

2 mackie refrence monitors

aurel exciter w/optical big bottom

acoustic baffles on walls and ceiling

Try The sb29rdc then. Made by the same guy behind most of the scanspeak drivers. Sb acoustics is just way cheaper becures they are made ind Indonesia. Scanspeak are made in Denmark, and that is the most expensive country to produce in. Correct me if that's not true. Maby Norway is a bit more :-) never mind, the sb acoustics products are amazing Danish engineering. Just like scanspeak are. 

sometimes, you just want some nice, low volume, gaming

Sometimes, you just want some nice, low volume gaming

ESI Juli@ PCI-Soundcard --> Soundcraft Compact 4 Mixer --> 2x KRK Rokit 5 G2

everything in use for some years now. It's a nice setup from what I can tell - mostly needed for some homerecording/mixing. If you ask about neutrality, the biggest problem would be my room acoustics. (There is a nasty boost around 100Hz which can be very annoying.)

I know its massive overkill, but why not? (and theirs a 50w sub you cant see) total of 320 watts including powered sub and the 2 amps. Currently i use the 6 that came with the insignia, the yamaha sub, and the 2 grey/sliver speakers all on the insignia.

Onkyo TX805 receiver

Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts 

Martin Logan Motion 8 Center

Martin Logan Motion 4 Rear surrounds

dYnaudio Sub600 Sub-woofer 

I have an interesting setup...

Audio from pc comes from HDMI----> Onkyo TX SR313. I have two old "white van" speakers from the 80's which I rebuilt with Dayton Audio speakers & crossovers and Vifa tweeters. My Center is a Boston Accoustics center I picked up on clearance at Sears.... has softdome tweeters which sound OK with the VIFA tweets... Eventually going to build a cab from MDF. My surround speakers are Dayton B562's with an upgraded crossover and VIFA tweeters. I have a Dayton SUb-120 with a 240-watt amp