What indie game are you addicted to?

It’s really not about budget, but the fact it’s backed up by Sony and most likely financed to be PlayStation exclusive (at least for a while) means it’s not independent. It is entirely dependent on Sony…

2 Likes

A budget to publish and finance the development and release yourself without a publisher.

2 Likes

As others have said, indie or independent games mean financial independence. And a 30M budget is most likely not a work of financial independence.

1 Like

Tho if an indie game can reach 30M, that makes it a very successful dev, no?

2 Likes

I would say if you reach 1 mil that makes you very successful dev. 1 mil sales, 10$ each, taxes, store cut, that is about 5 mil income from a game for a solo Dev or a couple people or a small team… That’s a lot of money…

2 Likes

I second TUNIC!

It’s definitely a souls-like. That said, I’ve put in about 20 hours over the last week.

… great soundtrack too!

3 Likes

I’m trying to start Elona+. This is kinda like the weeb equivalent of dwarf fortress but a sandbox rogue like game. I’ve already experienced some some utterly ridiculous situations like eating rotten human flash in the tutorial and having little girl as a companion pet.

Its pretty much free and developed by one guy.

2 Likes

I have this wishlisted even though I own Bastion and all of the other games SuperGiant made and have not played more than 10 minutes of Bastion.
Correction: I don’t own Hades (yet)

1 Like

Nuclear Throne and Shovel Knight

I have been playing Rimworld since 2014. Probably the best game ever made beside Crusader Kings 2.
I have played many thousands of hours of Rimworld and have many thousands of hours to look forward too.
Also there is a boatload of mods to enjoy so there’s always new stuff to try.

2 Likes

Put a few hours into this one. Fun game to kill some time.

2 Likes

I haven’t played this game in probably 12 years, but it’s a fun 2D platformer that I figured I’d give a shoutout. It’s pretty chill just exploring around for the most part…

Knytt

Download:
http://nifflas.ni2.se/games/

He’s made a sequel of sorts called Knytt Underground that’s available on Steam, and while I do own it on Steam I never actually played it. So I can’t comment on that one! But it’s out there for anyone interested.

1 Like

Terraformers just got a new update and a 20% discount to go with it. Well worth the price IMO.

1 Like

Guessing this is the forum post Wendell mentioned in one of the latest tech news episodes, I got a few good recommendations to share that I enjoyed or finished, although some dont feel like indies to me but are tagged it so here it goes:

Edit: ITB just had an update which appears to add more features to existing parts of the game.

2 Likes

Obligatory Sseth review if you haven’t seen it: ELONA REVIEW | JRPG | Open World Insemination - YouTube

1 Like

Been playing factorio again after years and years of when i first beat it… years ago.

played it for about a week straight. 100% every achievement in the game finally. did there is no spoon and producted 20mil green circuits. towards the end of the final achievement, i was making ~20k green circuits per minute

4 Likes

Man I no-lifed The Long Dark for like 3-4 months back in 2018, ultimately getting through a year in game. Fantastic game.

As far as my choice, I didn’t see Subnautica on here. Currently loving everything about that game, probably the best game I’ve played since The Long Dark.

3 Likes

Beat Saber in VR is a blast. My wife loves the game, but hates playing it as all her fave songs are fast ones and she can never keep up. :rofl:

2 Likes

I keep going back to Slay the Spire

2 Likes

Forgot about Slay the Spire! Fantastic game! And made entirely with LibGDX, which is awesome.