What distro are you using?

Running Debian on one laptop, Mint with Mate on another and Arch on my Desktop and I may switch my laptops to arch (or antergos or manjaro) as well. I'm also about to build a server with RHEL.

Just started using Fedora 23 a while back, I was only a lite ubuntu user a few months ago, but I've been trying/experimenting around, tried gentoo, lxle, and I'm still looking around.

I'm running Fedora on a older T3200 dual core, and I've got it running just about everything I need.

2 year Ubuntu Gnome scrub here. Planning to switch to SUSE or Arch if I feel crazy enough this or next month.

Though I have been using i3 for about a year and a half until I switched to Gnome Shell because... I don't actually know the reason, it's nice and I stuck with it for a short while, though productivity isn't as great as it was in i3.

Cheers

Linux mint 17.2 for my desktop gaming pc. Linux mint 17.3 for my laptop. Ubuntu 14.04 unity for my HTPC. And Xubuntu for my netbook.

Suse isn't really designed for personal used. Arch would probably be a better bet. If you can't handle the install manjaro would be decent.

1 Like

I've installed Arch before, it's just keeping it fresh and stable is really a chore.

I haven't found that at all
I just am constantly fiddling to make it work with my latest project

windows.....

Windows on mains.

Linux on my laptops.
Started with Ubuntu. Moved to Mint MATE now Ubuntu MATE. Playing with Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Kubuntu maybe Manjaro in VMs. They are all similar yet not and customizing them is tedious but fun. Each VM has it's own look. But I am not really that into Linux to make them my main.

Rockstor for home server, based on CentOS.

1 Like

I'm also running Arch+Gnome 3, albeit I have a lot of extensions added onto Gnome 3 to make it really quite nice to use

Question should i settle on a distro desktop first. Every so often i try to go linux but due to problems with doing what im trying to do always end up disappointed.

OP what browser are you using?

firefox with a custom userstyle.css
I might swap it out for a chrome based browser.

Ubuntu 15.10 on a Dell XPS 13. Tried 14.04, but no trackpad or wifi drivers. Tried 16.04, but the screen was constantly flickering. Ended up with 15.10. Had to do some voodoo magic to get the broadcom chip to work though.

Those tabs look very minimal.

To keep it simple and user-friendly, I use Linux Mint 17.3.

yeah but the lack of an address bar is annoying me

KDE Mint with Plasma

Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 2.

Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 on my laptop.

I used to love Manjaro, but a couple programs I need are .deb only.

For those of you that are considering Arch I highly recommend at least running through the install in a VM. Even if you don't run it as a daily driver the installation alone is a very educational experience, the wiki is a very informative knowledge base, and the principles apply to most distros.

2 Likes