What are you watching right now?

I do have to say that in general. Netflix investing in countries to make there own content and sharing it with the world is so fuckin awesome. I have watched a few shows listed above and back months nows.

Watching a show in another countries style and flavor is very refreshing. Hollywood must hate it with a passion.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, that show was produced by the franco-german public television station arte and not netflix.

That Arte that is also known for :

• showing 3 hours of bulgarian dance theater, subtitled
  • just subtitling french and not dubbing it
  • correcting the grammar of non-public tv stations twitter accounts on twitter
  • a program that showed people working, uncut, uncommented, for one hour, I watched an italian man construct a dry stone wall in front of picturesque countryside

No profit-driven streaming service could do something like that :smiley:

1 Like

In all fairness, dubbing isn’t all that common. In most countries you only get subtitles.

If anything, dubbing is a bad thing because it limits people’s exposure to English, which also means they won’t be as good at it.
If I visit a country I can tell right away if they use subtitles or dub their shows and films. All I need to do is talk to 5 middle-aged people. If they use subtitles there, 4 out of 5 will speak English good enough. If they dub, it’s 1 out of 5 if I’m lucky.

I introduced my self to some of S. Craig Zahler’s work.

Ive missed a lot of movies people would say are ‘must see’ movies, finally saw one of the ones I just never got around to, it was pretty good 7/10 for me

Fringe.

4 Likes

I have been binge watching this TV show called “Happy”. There are only two seasons of this show, and might not be renewed for a third season, which is a shame.

A friend of mind suggested this show to me a couple weeks ago, and I started getting around to it. The first season is 8 episodes long, and has a basic premise of a man who is trying to rescue his daughter from a kidnapping ring. He has help from her imaginary friend name d"Happy" who he can only see. It’s based on a comic book series, I think.

Season 2 is much bigger in scope and goes much deeper in the child kidnapping ring. It is 10 episodes long and I am at episode 5.

2 Likes

Just bought this off of VUDU, should I watch it now or wait?

How the literal fuck can this video be said to be, “High Quality”

Pretty solid movie, not on the levels of Hunt For the Red October but still a great watch. 8/10

1 Like

Just binged it. First two episodes are a bit slow but everything pays off in the end. No filler episode, good pace, … overall it’s a damn solid season. Highly recommended!

4 Likes

Watching it now

finally pulled some time to watch Captain Marvel, gotta say it was alright at the beginning but the end just fumbled a lot of the flow it created and just went blehh.
6.5/10 from me.

2 Likes

Was good but I’m curious how much longer they can milk this cow.

They are telling good stories, as long as that doesn’t change… :slight_smile:

Saw that listed, next on my watch list.
Last good naval film I saw was made in Korea.
Can’t believe no one in Hollywood made a film on the Starke or the Samuel B Roberts.

If Hollywood decides to make a descent film the US Navy goes out of their way to help, they told the makers of Stargate SG-1 to draw an “X” on the snow, point their camera’s, and they would have a nuke attack boat surface right on the X

1 Like

Watched The Umbrella Academy. Feels kinda like Dirk Gently’s X-Men.
Was good, looking forward to season 2.

Now: Dark.

Spectacular…

3 Likes
1 Like

Catch-22

While watching it saw the commercial for Hulu’s Das Boot, looks really good.