What are you riding?

Ah, typo - meant to say first BMW, not bike (riding 20+ years!)

1 Like

Ah, typo - meant to say first BMW, not bike (riding 20+ years!). My bad.

1 Like

Gotcha, I thought maybe I needed to give you the suicide prevention hotline for a minute.

3 Likes

It would be certifiable to have it as a first bike. Saying that, when I worked at a bike training centre, someone delivered a brand new GS to a trainee. Hmm.

My stable:
1993 Suzuki RGV250 (2 stroke baby!)
1996 Honda CBR250RR (4 cylinder screamer - 18,000 rpm+)
2007 Honda CBR600RR (first big bore, now mostly a track hack)
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Fireblade (daily road bike)

I commute most days on the blade. Sometimes mix it up with the 600.

the RGV has been seized for a bit, the CBR250RR is currently in pieces being freshened up :slight_smile:

Its a nice selection if varying power outputs and sports bike riding styles :smiley:

2015 Yamaha SR400 This bike has so much character - fuel injected, but kick-start only. It’s a surprisingly peppy around town bike with lots of mid-range torque and lightweight. Good boy.

2016 Harley-Davidson Dyna Fatbob Endless money pit, spits/leaks oil any chance it gets, chews through batteries like they’re tic-tacs. But still a good boy.

5 Likes

I’m still riding my K1300S Beemer, it’s good but really a bike a chose with the head and not the heart. I still miss my Honda Blackbird, it really was a ‘do anything’ bike, good for the fast bits as well as every day use. :cry:

Bought it with 6k miles on and sold with around 80k miles around 5 years later. First bike after a very large and unpleasant incident.

3 Likes

This is my 1998 Buell S1 lightning. I bought it new in 98 someone knocked it over at my work and damaged the mirror brake lever header and cracked the rear carbon fiber fender. So I disassembled it completely modified the rear frame to install a seat off a1990 Buell cyclone because it’s wider and more comfortable to ride. Polished the triple tree engine mount bottom of the forks and brake mounts. Painted the frame candy blue with large metal flake and painted the tank black with red metal flake then painted the Buell on the tank with blue pearl. Ride to work in the summer and when I have time go for short rides for fun. Rode it to Texas from Michigan when it was new not a good bike for that kind of trip but I love riding it. I was actually looking to buy a fat boy but wasn’t willing to wait two years to get it. Back then you had to wait or pay a heavy mark up to get one.

4 Likes

News since last post. My RGV is alive :smiley:

2 Likes

1998 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC)

3 Likes

Thats a nice couch you got there.

1 Like

1 Like

Mine is much less comfortable and much more high strung.

1 Like

I’m riding a 2005 ZX10R, was always my dream bike.

1 Like

Last outing with the GF

09 CBR1000RR Repsol
91 CBR250RR 4 cylinder

My RGV250… not sure if i posted any action of this thing… 2 stroke.

Has patina. is old. and been through the wars. Fresh motor tho and mech a1.

2 Likes

Here’s my Buell

2 Likes

Turbo?

yes sir, and a boost-referenced pneumatically assisted clutch

2 Likes

My 365day a year ride GSXR 1000

3 Likes

First ever bike, I have about 200 miles on it so far. Brand new 2021 BMW F750 GS

1 Like