What are you riding?

Just picked up near enough to my dream bike that I don’t think I am going to lust for another!
2022 GSXR-1000 with a AKRAPOVIC titanium muffler and stainless-steel headers exhaust system, tail tidy/fender eliminator.

This bike has 3 riding modes and the 3rd mode is about half power. I had to spend the first few days just in mode “C” as my last bike, a 2004 GSXR 600 was already too much power for the street, this thing is INSANE!

NICE! I like the stickers!
What exhaust is that? Have you had it tuned?
What year? Is it late 2000s?

Hi, anyone here having fun in the dirty stuff?

1 Like

Welp, I totalled my 2023 MT07 on Nov 8 when someone pulled in front of me. Insurance payout had the odometer at 588 miles. Normally, I would fight them on it, but the frame was bent and cracked, I didn’t want to fuck around with it, and they gave me more than I paid for it, so I’m happy with that.

[pictures to come]

Currently rolling on a 2021 Duke 390 until I can find another 600 class naked. This thing’s great, but won’t handle the California freeways.

Ouch, that sucks.

I crashed my then brand new Tenere700 with about 400km on the clock by being a noob rider with bad clutch and throttle controll. I was able to get it sorted for a reasonably small price.

After that more or less all of my spills happened al low to no speed on the dirt or in the mud. These T7 do take abuse quite well.

Dirt is a lot of fun, from what I’ve heard. Unfortunately, I live in a concrete jungle, not much open land that’s not farmland or private property where I’m at, so I don’t exactly have the option. :confused:

One of these days, I’ll get into it though, probably have to move first hah.

It was about a week of pain, then everything subsided. I think I hit the road doing about 30mph, so it wasn’t too bad. I had my leathers on, so the only issue was a tiny bit of road rash where I didn’t have gear coverage and some shoulder/wrist pain. (actually, my wrist still isn’t quite back to 100%)

Back during peak bro culture in the aughts I did dirt

There’s been a renaissance in the class, it seems like all the manufactures are making new 600-800 sized parallel twin bikes these days.

Yo momma😎

1 Like

I just googled “bro culture” realizing that not everywhere might have had it; there is virtually no correct information about it on the internet. Searching “braught dogger” has like one urban dictionary article on it.
Apparently the cliques of my youth were not universal.

I think they realized that metric bikes are getting big stateside again, and they need something that’s got a bit more displacement. Sure, it’s nice to get 70mpg, but let’s be real, that’s only practical if you’re not leaving town.

I’m kind of interested in how the Kawasaki hybrids coming out are going to be. The current crop of them look to have too long of a wheelbase to be sporty, but if the drivetrain technology is good perhaps they’ll be put into other bikes.

1 Like

My apologies…

@Trooper_ish made me do it!

3 Likes

Could be interesting, I’m keeping an eye on them for the engineering potential, but they don’t really interest me in their current form.

1994 Suzuki DR650.
It was some time 'I was riding it. Using it to go to work for a couple of years (about

t the tires). Maybe It’s time to start it up again :wink:

1 Like

I finally took my new bike (What are you riding? - #105 by paws) to the drag strip last weekend. Absolute amature but I managed to go from 11.3 at the start of the day to a 10.606 @ 145mph(234kph) by the end. Pretty happy!!! :grinning: :grinning:

Get that beast on the road ASAP! looks like comfortable ride off road! And what a great sticker pack!

Hello,
joined a few days before and went into reading mode for now - but i got to tell you my bike as a start.

I have a BMW R1200GS from around 2013 which is my only verhicle (no car), that i drive the whole year. I use it mostly to visit friends and family, or to cope with daily things like shopping, getting from a to b when public transportation does not fit the case.
2-3 time a year there are long journeys or meetups (e.g. a biker meetup of my scout-peers).

I am tall and heavy myself, so I like this bike because of the high seating and the over all handling. Although it would be capable to drive fast, I am generally happy to get to 140km/h journey speed, when it comes to the nice parts of the trip, I would sort myself into the middle class of speed, I would rather look around at nature then try to carve some corners :smiley:

cheers!
nx

1 Like