Vox/The Verge going on a copyright strike abuse spree

I bit like

And why this whole thing got dropped on its head ?

P.S I hear the girl in the sexist video went on to become supergirls stunt double ! she is hot good on her.

It’s amazing how this shit has blown up, again.

So Tech Jesus offered to fly to NYC or bring Nilay down for an interview… at his expense. Nilay grandstanded and outright refused. He demanded Steve “Go make something positive for the world.” So Steve did, taking the 270 bucks the video above made plus 1k out of his pocket to a deforestation charity. Nilay has promptly STFU since then.

So far this is straight from the playbook… Original video was garbage and dangerous, no responsibility taken for the bad content and claim of racism with a coordinated hate attack when it was taken down playing the victim. Now they take down a parody video which was completely in fair use realm, again say it’s racism leading to a coordinated internet attack while again not taking responsibility and playing the victim. All the while making numerous articles deploring the use of the system in the exact manner they are using, and playing the victim card some more.

1 Like

And Paul has responded, very well thought out and frankly at this point a bit too nice.

5 Likes

Kyle still throwing punches at The Verge.

1 Like

As much as it is petty and just dragging it out, they deserve it.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are virtually fucked at this stage. Their recent videos are getting raided with dislikes, they are losing 100 subs per day since the incident and it seems there are long-time users who are now giving them a salty tongue of critiques.

2 Likes

Copyright infringement has become a tool to silence

2 Likes

It was dragged out because Nilay kept dragging it up. Had he been quiet, again, it would have faded. Instead he has made statement after statement going so hard as to challenge Steve to do “something positive” when he refused to actually discuss this like an adult. Of course when Steve made his donation to charity Nilay did not respond to THAT after responding to everything else.

Now Steve has… With the #somethingpositive campaign he released last night in a news video. So again ball is in Nilay’s court.

2 Likes

Someone else just got into the debacle

Since they sit together maybe he can find out why Nilay has gone radio silent since the gauntlet was thrown down.

Probably cause he realize how stupid it was to pull the racism card.

They have since edited the article title and explains the mistake at the end.

As for the article itself. It seem to side with Vox and Verge more than anything else, leaving everything else to doubt. Hmmm not sure I like how it reads. Rather than pointing out the constant abuse of the copyright strike system with the verge’s video being the driving theme of the article they just go over the existing greyness of the while mess and establish nothing new.

1 Like

I just now read that… no wonder Slimy Nilay RT’d it… it supports him. That whole racism claim is so fucking dubious. Using that standard as racism the likes of Dave Chappelle are destroying the world with their abject racism and should never be heard from again.

1 Like

Ohhhh, and this comes full circle, its a Vox circle jerk.

TLEE

1 Like

He does point out he used to work literally beside (correction: worked with) nilay. So… Yeah this seems very weighted in Vox’s favour.

No, that’s chillmage who sits next to Nilay. TBL is the ass clown who wrote the ARS article. Article that parrots the racism, and that it wasn’t funny… same things Nilay was harping on.

Verge editor Nilay Patel (who, full disclosure, was briefly a colleague of mine at The Verge’s sister publication Vox.com)

From the article. That’s what I was talking about.

Either way, they should not have been the one to write the article with that in mind.

1 Like

Shit… I missed that, ugh. But chillmage was the one who said he sat next to Nilay.

And yeah… that looks real bad for ARS, its obviously biased for Vox. Why would you have an entire staff of writers available then let the 1 guy who worked for Nilay, write the article about Nilay’s actions?

1 Like