Vox/The Verge going on a copyright strike abuse spree

Yeah I messed up the specifics but you get it now and I have clarified it… Whoops, worked with not sat beside. Should not have done the article and yeah lowers Ars’s standing a bit. Rather than just report on it, they lean to a side and don’t actually add to any investigation or further the discussion. Pretty shitty of them.

1 Like

Thats easy to do in this case because it is a mindfuck. And frankly seems like one SJW called another SJW for a favor and is now getting favorable coverage of an “independent” site.

Oh good, now it’s a conspiracy theory. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Considering how much Nilay has been trying to manipulate the narrative over this entire fiasco not once but twice just so happens to have a friendly piece written that pushes exactly the narrative he was pushing by an independent site with a writer who just happened to work for him. Yeah, this seems very likely.

Speculation sure helps stoke the fires. I just think he made idiotic statements on the internet. I also think tech journalism is a very small bubble so I’m not surprised someone has worked somewhere else. That’s like working at Google having worked at Microsoft previously. People jump for more pay.

NO ONE is criticizing the whole “worked somewhere else” thing. We all have worked somewhere else. However in the policy department at Ars there are others that could have done this piece. Looking at their page of articles you have:

Jon Brodkin
Sean Gallagher
Megan Guess
Nathan Matisse
Dan Goodin
Peter Bright

I’ll stop there. Its not about SOMEONE writing this who worked somewhere else, its someone with obvious ties to the person righting a very friendly piece with the same overtones/narrative as that person has been promoting and worked for them.

So you disagree with the article and that makes this collusion.

Speculation without evidence is just mental masturbation that fits the narrative of your worldview.

I don’t think any of this was a good idea, and feeding the drama just stirs more shit up, but I guess any publicity is good publicity.

2 Likes