Volta just annouced tonight!

Good thing then because they purposely design it to be used in a single card machine…

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/7ikhyp/nvidia_titan_v_fire_strike_benchmarks_oc_non_oc

Have Fun :wink:

EDIT:

vs Titan XP

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/13619847/fs/14371827

1 Like

Prepare your wallet.

Rigged bet :wink:

But I’ll be outta here now for today. It took some doing for these results to get out.
Just thought I’d share them here too.

PS: The drivers are in a very early non optimized state.
Don’t ask about power consumption, it’s a 16 phase VRM

1 Like

How does one fit that inside of a case?

Those are standard Sapphire TriX fans… This is 31cm card. Nothing out the ordinary.

I was wrong and I will keep the internet shame for myself. However we never negotiated a bet I said I am willing to bet 1k euro but you said nothing … this is not how betting works.

However next time you come to Bulgaria PM me drinks will be on me.

2 Likes

I might take you up on that, I’m planning on going there some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We may make a Forum Gathering then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gamers Nexus! First with the Volta Teardown!

2 Likes

FTFY. :+1:

gnvolta

And gaming?

2 Likes

Preformed better than I thought it would. Impressive Nvidia.

Sounds like it needs a lower level API. They did say they were working on DX12 first, then Vulkan in an interview in 2015.

That’s where if they did Vulkan and side tasks with OpenCL, those compute “tensor” cores might come in handy to offload compute from the floating point cores. I doubt they’d use CUDA if they’re investing in strictly using wide support graphics APIs. Plus, they had interest in Vulkan for Linux.

They announced that they would be using Vulkan as the primary API this year since they will be able to support multiple OS’s with a single API and DX11 would be phased out completely. There’s been no word on when that will happen that I’m aware of though. Optimizations for proprietary GPU technology like tensor cores is also very far away if it every happens.

Then it is moving towards lower level APIs and async compute, Volta’s current strength!

After some simple of the cuff math, so 40% more cuda than a 1080Ti and 30/35% more performance then some clock speed leveling its just pascal with more cores. So volta for gaming would be pascal butt presumably with more core’s due to "12"nm. Yeahh tensor blablabla ohw and single presision for game’s??. Looks like my 1080Ti wil be good for some time. Hmmm maxwell rev3, will they ever actualy come with a new arch this looks so intel like.

1 Like

They don’t have to… People keep buying it and AMD keeps lagging behind in the high end, and as we all know nothing less than 1080Ti and titans for the tech press, so basically AMD is dead in the GPU market because the press says it is…

2 Likes

Wel lets hope that the Nvfantards were right about Raja (i think not, just monnies to low) and who ever took over guided by Lisa and more monnies from ryzen and epic get a chance to make 2 dies pro/gaming.

Nvidia is so far ahead financialy since the 700 series, that AMD just can’t keep up. Raja gave up on the high end. They just can’t. They still can’t. And it’s almost 3 years later.
They do what they can.
I really hope Navi is something, otherwise…
As for Volta - hello Intel, nice to see you are doing nothing and piling up money…
I know Volta is a step up… I am just baffled by the consumer’s ignorance.

Navi could always be the gpu treadripper/epic variant. and the 290 290x was a beast reviwers killed it couse bad cooling had a lightning and it kicked ass end cool and quiet, so not just consumers.