Twitch is (very) close to winning the battle against adblockers

No because I dont use any platform that cant be blocked

1 Like

Except Amazon will never do this. Money matters more than logic in the pre-roll space.

YouTube restricted unskippable pre-rolls, and what did people do? Make “skippable” ads 3 seconds, so the skip button can’t be pressed.

If you can’t hit 50 follower, which i think is an exceedingly low bar, one should evaluate their strategy if the goal is to make money on twitch.

And the problem is those with passion aren’t in it for the money, it’s cause they like streaming.

If streamers only cared about money, they would be pre-sponsored with SEO before even making their account.

Often or not, the most passionate people are in the 0-49 follower range.

you’re talking about being partnered which i assume is about the money, again 50 followers is a low bar, passion or not if you’re banking on the twitch’s algorithm and stream hoppers for followers those creators clearly have no idea what they are doing. The internet is a vast and even the most niche creators should be able to find at least 50 viewers willing to watch a preroll ad.

That’s really putting me down, dude. Saying 50 is easy for a person that “knows how stuff works” discredits everyone else who just want to work toward the goal without making it about the money.

You’re saying “not about the money” is hypocritical for the 50 goal.

Natural growth vs forced growth is what I’m referring to, and if you think natural growth is impossible, and forced growth is the only solution… Everyone should get sponsored by G2A and SCDKeys.

Yes because if I am legitimately interested in the content I can sit through an ad.

If someone won’t watch your content because they had to watch a 15 second ad first I think there is more a problem with your content than the ad. Your content clearly isn’t compelling enough.

2 Likes

Depression does this.

GODDAMN IT.

I should just give up.

I am pretty sure those ads are before you see even a second of the stream so there is no way to evaluate content. Also twitch is pretty shitty place to grow an audience.

2 Likes

How is relying on stream hoppers and the twitch algorithm natural growth?

I stuck on the 50 followers threshold because you brought it up, if it’s not about making partner why else mention it?

you may not like the idea of self promotion but that is the reality of building a following whatever your intentions are.

EXACTLY MY POINT. Doesn’t even give a chance to see the stream or count the view.

Do you have any idea how hard that is to someone who’s using streaming to cope with their own depression and abuse? And the fact discovery is now hampered even further by this means giving up is a better option than trying to do that stuff.

anyone who won’t watch a 15 second ad to watch a stream is the equivalent of someone who posts “first” on youtube video and aren’t worth having as an audience

1 Like

567th

There is none. The guys with most views are on top of the page. Playing a popular game with less than 100 viewers means people have to scroll trough a lot of people to find you.

1 Like

You mean can’t watch right?
Okay you fixed it.

Yeah I agree still for growing on twitch I can only suggest starting a YouTube channel or some kind of other self promotion service.

won’t watch, it’s a conscious decision

1 Like

Yeah sorry English level below -9000, but you missed “won’t” in your original post when I posted.

1 Like

You’re discrediting the modern attention span, making a “I won’t watch” decision the snap decision someone makes during that 2 seconds someone needs the attention the most, so everyone gets this in a pre-roll situation.

You’re saying people are failures because they’re simply failures. They can never succeed.

ninja edits

1 Like