The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

It shouldn't be for a reason I already stated.

Glad your a professional reviewer. Its a level playing field even if poorly designed.

1 Like

Hearing that fan reminds me of a cpu cooler I had a long, long time ago. It was a common one people had. Man I wish I could remember what it was.

Any blower ever at 100% speed?

Any founders card maybe? xD

But frontier edition is not the consumer one?

No, it is aimed at openCL usage, AI stuff and so on ....
I doubt the RX card will be much different... so...

2 Likes

I guess. Seems a little silly to show this off now though.

Likely to be the same, short of color. Man, I hate the color on that thing. "how can we design the ugliest card known to man?"

why this will be very close to the gaming product

Don't give a fuck... it would go in a black box and won't see daylight ever again.

Well i have not seen the video yet.
But i do have to say that Dirt Rally does seem to favor Nvidia gpu's more in general.

1 Like

Probably but it is still not that, so still not 100% able to call it. Though I do expect it to be pretty similar,

Ryan has been doing this for a long time he said at best + 10% and i believe that would guess more like 5% though imo

True but GTA V, Hitman and ROTR were the same story.
Doesn't look that fancy, this vega thingy. #sad

Seems like Fury X is only small % behind so they literally had like no gains

Well maybe not.
But i think that i have readed somewhere that they had some driver optimization issues with the new Vega cards.
So not sure if they can do some improvements on that maybe.
But still if the price is right, then the RX Vega cards could still be interesting.
But yeah if it turns out that Vega just manages to get in the ring with a GTX1080.
Then its indeed a bit dissapointing that we had to wait for it this long.

1 Like

If the gaming version can improve on this by 10% and the price is right then I am okay with it as my next purchase decision.

1 Like

What are you on right now?

Ryan said that wasnt true he talked to amd before this testing.

1 Like