The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

It is for the capture system to count frames.

missed quite a bit but watching now so even though this game was not designed for gaming how has it done so far

1080 ish level + - so pretty much that level. (missed a bit of it due to working)

No GameWorks features so I am automatically disappointed. : P

3 Likes

Do people really aim for 50% at load? I usually aim for a bit higher, closer to 70%...

So go back to worshiping your NoVideo overlords. :smiley:

5 Likes

50% is usually the point where your PSU is at optimum efficiency.

EDIT: Add image

Source example:http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=317

2 Likes

So did they do any 4K gaming benchmarks? If so what were the results? Oh and now I see it is the card that isn't even meant for gaming so really I don't care what the results are.

But is the consensus that power draw is higher(as always) and also their price point for consumer card will be around 400-500 range?

..... it is called [Live] for a reason....

Vega FE is not a gaming card, I'm waiting for actual gaming cards before jumping to conclusions that AMD sux0rz.

1 Like

If you know the answer to the information why not just share it instead of ...

na this is gonna basically be it +- 1-10%

1 Like

Eh, I never really focused on efficiency. Especially when I'm spending $1500 on a system, $25 over the course of 4 years isn't going to justify spending another $40 on power supply unless I'm tempted to either do passthrough or go SLI/CF.

The question I'm here for is if this card suffers from bus resets and how it will fare in passthrough situations. I've got a fury already and I really want to be able to run 4K on newer games in my VM, but I don't want to buy Nvidia because of their policy on passthrough.

To troll, of course.
Watch it or don't.

1 Like

When your paying for the 80+ Plat then you might as well get every cent of savings. Would probably aim at like 60% to push idle higher on the curve

I should finish the rest of that sentence but I think you know what rest of it was. Seriously I am not here trolling. I was actually interested to hear information but you seem to not want to provide it. Oh and as for watching it I did check in and it was boring as hell. Also the information I want might have already been shared by them so yeah if you knew the info. then why not just share it instead of being ....

1 Like

They just started 4k no info to give yet. Also this will be super close to Radeon version

1 Like

Metro at 4K? LOL! A totally unoptimized game is what they are using to test this?

3 Likes

its part of their testing group