The Tek 0213: 2015 Was Crazy | Tek Syndicate

I stopped going to movie theaters because ticket prices are too high.

http://techaeris.com/2016/01/01/ian-murdock-did-have-an-altercation-with-police-before-his-death/

Read the about COINTELPRO and the North Wood Documents and you'll find out. I'd add the Department of War (DOD) too and local and federal law enforcement. Then please comment about what you have learned and what the connection is and I'll be sure to comment.

@DeusQain you can get some decent fireworks at the reservations in WA. Compared to Oregon, washington is like a war zone on the 4th of july due to stricter laws. Most folks from portland go up to vancouver, WA to buy their fireworks and smuggle them across the border though.

Really enjoyed this episode. Wendell delivers some seriously lacking empathy among nerds.

1 Like

holy fuck, calling all anons, this is like Aaron Schwartz

some times, just invite a friend over and play mario kart or halo or some other game, it helps just take you mind of things

1 Like

Is @wendell ever going to fix the aspect ratio on his video feed?!?! It's driving me crazy now.

21:34 to 23:24 @wendell That insight is GOLD!

About the Tarantino movie, maybe Hive-CM8 pirated it because they hate going to the cinema.

I also don't like cinema because you're in a room with a bunch of strangers who don't care about the people around them, they talk loudly and they don't set their phones on silent or vibrate only. Also, one time, I had to go to the bathroom, but I couldn't pause the movie, because it was a cinema.

Why doesn't Hollywood, at least, release both on cinema and physical disc in the same time. I would rather get an optical drive and go back to using optical discs, then having to go to the cinema. That's how much I hate it.

1 Like

The situation with Ian and his twitter ramblings reminds me a lot of what happened to Justin Lowe from After The Burial earlier this year.

I don't want to make too much assumptions but I can relate to what @wendell is saying about dealing with unfamiliar situations. Personally, I literally work them out by doing physical exercise. If you look at people with high profile jobs that are under a lot of pressure, they probably have a steady exercise routine. It can be much more simple as getting a gym membership but the social interaction can really remove some barriers you might not even be aware of. This is especially true if you're not someone who is very outgoing.

It's all about finding the edge of your comfort zone and increasing it in a methodical and consistent manner.

"There are people that I know that are extremely gifted intelectually that I think that when you have a very strong emotional reaction, it's an input that you're not really able to manage the way that you're able to manage I mean that uh I watch really gifted people work and they're able to take a lot of visual information and auditory information and they just sort of whizz through it I mean it's like watching an episode of star trek where y'know like commander data's like y'know going through all kinds of crazy stuff. Watching a gifted person work like that, that's how they get used to working, how they're used to their mental faculties being but there's still this emotional component that's maybe a little subconcious and definately I could see that if somebody has a traumatic experience or experiences a profound personal loss or has another normal human emotion or emotional reaction or like an evolved response or something, I could see those people having trouble dealing with that intelectually because it's such a strong stimulus and it's so, it's such a profound thing that you can't, if you're used to being in complete control of your mental faculties having that there inside of your head is very, uhh, I'd almost say distracting it's very, it's very ofputting it's a very forgien experience and so I think that people that are very gifted intelectually that are used to being in complete control of their faculties this is one of the reasons why this kind of reaction happens you have an aaron swarz and you have somebody who's like what's like y'know well the police are involved it's not completely the end of the world but in the tweets, if they were from him it looked like he was y'know very upset and he thought that his career had come to an end and that y'know his idea of the police being there to protect and serve had been shattered obviously from his personal point of view and so there are a lot of you guys like that in the audience and so we mention this to reach out to you guys and say yes, yes you're very gifted intelectually, y'know there's not really anything you can do to prepare yourself if you have a day like this, but just try to put it out of your mind and try to move on to the next day, uh, because there's nothing that's worth, there's no screw up that's so bad, that you need to kill yourself, and that's really what it comes down to. Or there's no situation that you're in that's that bad there's no, I mean unless you really, y'know you get the fake tooth with the cyanide capsule so you think "this is really bad*crack*" don't, don't do that. It's not that bad, it will never be that bad, just make it through to the next day and the day after and you'll be better for it" Once again Wendell speaks the truth, tell me if I screwed up the transcript a little. Wouldn't call myself gifted, but I can relate to the overload of emotions and have many friends who have dealt with suicidal thoughts etc, so thank you Wendell you are 100% right. 1:07:30 to 1:10:06

1 Like

This. I don't wish to share my experience with people who value that experience so differently to myself!

Not to mention that not all movies are enhanced by being viewed at a theater.

The complete list of movies I've watched at the theater with public showing for the past 20 years: Independence Day, Men in Black, Matrix, War of the Worlds, Prometheus, The Dictator. I've probably missed a blockbuster. I've also seen some fantastic art movies.

The only one that truly enhanced my experience by showing at a theater was Matrix (being, in a sense, cocooned with the others in the audience similarly to everyone else in the movie actually enhanced the experience in a way that a very few people viewing the movie on their own never could).

Thank you, HD wall projector, for not having to swap farts with people I wouldn't invite home to swap farts with anyway.

I simply do not appreciate the service a theater provides. The only advantage a theater has is, they release it first. And that is an advantage I don't want to support.

About Linux not being ready for the desktop, I've already posted the reason for why that's the case:

Also, the article has this line:

A great number (sometimes up to a hundred) of very serious regressions every kernel release due to missing QC/QA.

Which is saying exactly what I'm saying in that post.

@wendell i also hate what disney has done to star wars. read about 90% of the novels, even the crazy long new jedi order series. now i just wont watch the stupid movie since their only objective is money and thats the real reason they killed off certain members of the cast and made all those books "fan made".

2 Likes

I too have a shelf at home full of contraband and propaganda from the now defunct Star Wars EU :(

1 Like

Haven't seen it yet, so won't pass judgment on the movie itself. Also, I have no idea when and if I will want to go to a theater to see it.

So, Hollywood took a shit on a franchise continuity again?

Don't worry guys. I'm pretty sure there will soon be a Schmisney Star Wars EU (having said that with a quivering voice, going now into a corner to re-read the Thrawn Trilogy at least one more time).

1 Like

I am curious to know how Qain used the hotel TV ethernet cable for internet. That sounds like a fun lifehack for free, fast hotel internet