The Tek 0213: 2015 Was Crazy | Tek Syndicate

I just have some constructive feedback: @wendell's volume seems much lower than Logan & Quain's. If you guys could raise that just a bit It would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the great content, and I'm looking forward to things to come this year from the tek!

2 Likes

back in like 2012 there was a hacking sect known as brick squad, and those bastards were ddos- ing various places, the lizard part though, I have no clue what that is supposed to come from

Thank You for 2015, the year I found THE TEK.

I'd like to chime in on our tragic loss that seems to be due to the police treatment of mental illness. I have had experiences where I am lucky to be alive because the police were compassionate but sadly, the flip side has been more common. I am an insane genius that is too smart for his own good. Artist and X-engineer, disabled w/ mental illness, Paralysis by Analysis. I can be very rational and calm in a crisis, but sometimes when another person does something bad and unexpected my brain goes into Deer-in-the-Headlights mode. I don't understand what just happened. For me It's not fight-or-flight, It's freeze-{processing,please wait,does not compute,error,danger will robinson}-then-flight. The insane part is it happens to me far too often and for reasons that make no sense in the light of the next day. It's a hard problem to train myself to get through. Dialectical Behavioral Theory distress tolerance and emotion regulation help me.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have been tempted, but I hope I can keep my promise that I would never hurt other people that like me, even if I'm not in a mood to care.

can you make a tutorial of that reverse engeneering TV thing Qain talks about at the end?

If you don't I will forever spell your name with a "K"!

;)

1 Like

Can't make a tutorial, maybe just explain some of the nifty tricks I did. But it won't work for every hotel, or every network.

I got lucky.

I don't go to that many hotels anyway, home only use I promise ;)

Anything you have time for would be great, Happy new year!

Another great episode and happy new year guys ,but have to say struggled to hear wendell alot of the time constantly turning up the telly making everting else to loud in comparison had to keep the remote in hand whilst watching and thats just to much exersise for my pale spindly wrists. Checked out the video on diffrent devices and get the same thing. Moaning minute over. Thanks again guys

Wendell's audio was low in places during the telecast.

2 Likes

Well, it's pointless in your home.

I know what the lizard squad is but @Logan usually refers to them as tunnel snakes. The lizard squad ddosed xbox-live last christmas if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

at 39:36 did anyone else's phone's ok google activate because of logan?

I would love to learn more about this. Are there studies that were conducted on this topic out there for me to read? I am particularly interested because I have been dealing with an anxiety and a panic disorder for several years as well as depression for the larger part of my life. And so maybe have others here.

@Logan If you were actually serious in the video, the guy in the Tonnochi Road t-shirt is JC Denton from Deus Ex.

1 Like

I was just sharing from personal experience, and people I know.

You are certainly not alone with that here. Quite a few of us can relate to a degree, as you can check in the thread I am linking to below (if you have not seen it already), after the following disclaimer:

• Each person is different. What works for one may hurt another. Each individual ailment may have many subtle but important differences to consider.
  • Try professional help first. Be cool about the problem.
  • There are many ways to self-help. I still suggest professional guidance first.
  • Be careful about medication. It does not always help.

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/how-do-i-combat-depression/83902

Your assuming he killed himself. Read about COINTELPRO or the North Wood Documents. It's quite possible he was killed (for participating in linux and being gifted) and his profile was hacked by some agency to make it seem like he was very upset and unstable.

1 Like

I know I personally have some problems with depression/anxiety when I leave my "environment", and have heard from different professionals that it is something that often happens with gifted people. I am not sure of the correlation or causation, but I am sure it is something that happens to me.

I can attest also the the police in my area not being able to handle people with "emotional" or "mental problems" correctly, especially in recent times. They were called to my home a couple of years ago because a "friend" of mine sent his ex a picture of him with my 1911 to his head, and told her he was going to pull the trigger (unbeknownst to me before the cops knocked on my door). He was back in my woods somewhere, so I wasn't even sure where he was. 3 HOURS later, SWAT pulls up to go try to find him (in full assault gear and loadout). I don't know about anyone else, but to me, this seems extreme, as well as very late. We need a lot of changes in our government and from our "protectors", as it seems to me things are getting worse, not better. Maybe this is causation of depression and anxiety on people with a tad more intelligence, because we are able to see it through the B.S. and smoke.

why exactly would free software have to do with intelligence agencies?

Yay! Costa Rica! O_o

Wendel described me to a "T" , thankyou sir.