The small linux problem thread

you never added one?

what works better is three backticks beginning and end.

1 Like

Check this thread out for forum syntax and examples: New and Existing Forum Features 2017

1 Like

I did read itā€¦ and after the third time, i gave up :slight_smile:
(three backticks also did nothing, butā€¦ hey, itā€™s me. Sorry!)
Oh, code works! nice.

Look at the lines where it says hunk failure.

2 Likes

Iā€™d think iā€™m looking at it, but if iā€™m supposed to come up with something, itā€™s not working. I will forego looking and escalate to staring though.

1 Like

Can you post lines 12 and 30 here?

2 Likes

I know what youā€™re asking, itā€™s what iā€™d have looked for had i known where/how to go about it :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t have a stroke, am just new to this. I only found one google result that seemed to pose a solution, but i lack the knowledge to understand it, lol

Youā€™re using ` right?

On a US keyboard itā€™s on the same key as ~ but Iā€™m not sure about other layouts.

2 Likes

Iā€™d ask ā€œwhereā€, so the answer is presumably no?

Hmm. Your keyboard may not have it. :confused:

Iā€™ve edited your post to include the backticks.

You were using single quotes, which look awfully similar in a lot of fonts.

1 Like

My bad perhaps, i meant use ` where? I donā€™t understand the question.

• this is like the joke with the blowjobs, isnā€™t it, lol

Yes, thatā€™s exactly it.

Oh, in the post formatting. :confused: Sorry! Iā€™m debugging a different issue lol

I wouldnt know lol

1 Like

Has anyone here experienced a concern with the fan speed on Fedora as opposed to Ubuntu or Arch? I just reinstalled Fedora 31 to my laptop with Intel/Nvidia graphics. Iā€™ve noticed that when using the open-source drivers, the fans seem to get ā€˜stuckā€™ at a high idle as opposed to Ubuntu which are silent.

I woke up this morning to my laptop singing in the cornerā€¦ This has happened for as long as Iā€™ve had the laptop and tried to use Fedora; it has always drove me back to Ubuntu for fear of wearing out the fans prematurely.

pulseaudio --dump-conf

Hey,I donā€™t have an answer for you, but a genuine question, do you mostly leave your laptop plugged in to power?
If so, did you remove the battery?
Just wondering how laptop batteries cope with the constant charge/discharge nowadays

Hey! Iā€™ve got a System76 Oryx Pro (Oryp3) and have had it for about three years now. I leave it plugged up most of the time, but I have enabled a setting in the BIOS called Flexicharger. Using this feature, the battery begins charging at 40% (lowest) and stops charging at 60%. Iā€™ve noticed very, very little degradation of the battery.

2 Likes

ā€˜Flexichargerā€™ is a Clevo UEFI/BIOS thing. you should probably be able to customize the start and stop points in the advanced section if itā€™s similar enough.

One warning about it iā€™ve seen is that it can throw off the accuracy of battery indicators, but iā€™m not well versed in it.

(yes, System76 rebadges clevo chassis.)

Wondering if NoMachine would be a better option compared to trying to get Steam Remote Play to act as a remote desktop tool on linux.

Already answered my own question. f.

I just moved my root partition into a folder less than 30 minutes ago. I had to boot a live usb and move everything back.

Now i have less than 1 gig free on /?

Edit, turns out the thing i was trying to do in / filled it up. The stuff I was doing should have been in my home folder, which is on a different partition.

1 Like

permanent