The RYZEN 1000 Thread! Summit Ridge - General Discussion

I was planning to buy a new case and cooler because my case is like 10+ years old. But my old complacency kicked in. If it aint broke dont fix it :slight_smile:

I dont need the few FPS .2 GHz would yield. I have gamed with ryzen master @4Ghz and I can’t tell the difference.

2 Likes

I switched off from as Anteque, P280, worse temps, but it has glass and it fits radiator :smiley:

P280

Tbh, its only problem is that top, so much value for that 100€ I paid like 10 years ago :smiley:

Blasphemy! Don’t you know that clock speed is everything? CLOCK SPEED IS LIFE!!!1!

/s

2 Likes

There is no way anyone can play games with a processor at less than 5.2GHz. #onlyintel

1 Like

It seems Ryzen 2000 series CPU Pre-orders went live on Amazon for a short period of time. Sporting a mid-April release and some new information.

1 Like

This is nice, maybe we get a couple more ITX boards now.

1 Like

All I’m waiting for is the X470 chipset boards.

Mainly for the stability, RAM and Power fixes on those boards so I can build a new Home Server box and get rid of a lot of older hardware :smiley:

What do you mean by that?

Changes to Voltage regulation and PCI-e among various improvements that allow for faster RAM and fixes to sleep and P and C6 state issues.
Just the cleaned up Firmware alone will be well worth it.

OK, yeah, I don’t “save energy” so I never had a problem with that.
I am hoping that most of the RAM stuff will come to X370 too.
Should be mostly depending on the CPU, right?

Top end box shot.

I think the new boost clock speed features are tied to the new chipset as well. So there it that.
I could be wrong.

Some of them are. I don’t remember the specifics though.

Yeah, XFR2 or so? Doesn’t matter if you’re overclocking.

Looks interesting.
Currious about the actual pricings on the 2700X.

About the X470 and B450 boards,
i dont really expect that much differences between the previous boards and the current ones wenn it comes to vrm implementations.
But we will see, as soon as i know more i will jump in on that.
Hopefully Msi will stepup their game on the X470 boards this time arround.
Because their X370 boards are just too mediocre.

1 Like

If this turns out to be true, a lot of people will just go X

source: WCCFtech

3 Likes

Wait the 2700X comes with a cooler?

1 Like

Yeah, the new one. Wraith prism. Supposed to be equal to a 212 evo and looks a lot like the high end FX cooler.

This one:

1 Like

Thats interesting.

Yes looks exactlly the same as the FX83xx coolers.
Only a better fan as i can see.

RGB. So, -20°C obviously.

6 Likes

The fan is different larger blades.

2 Likes