The Coffee Thread

Yeah, it serves me well.

Saved from the graveyard and resurrected.

1 Like

Is it a capsules one or it uses grinded coffee beans?

It grinds whole bean, two hoppers. I only use the left side and only fill it halfway to avoid stale coffee.

3 Likes

Oh, itā€™s one of those ā€¦ Nice :wink:

1 Like

they have a reusable fine metal mesh you can get on amazon.

2 Likes

Now that is a tempting prospect.

:tada:

2 Likes

How fresh generally are roasted beans you get at the store? pretty stale still? (thinking this would be a good first start before I dump money into major things)

You can always get a pre-packed coffee beans that is vacuum sealed so no air gets in and it doesnā€™t lose its freshness even after a few months. The coffee we get at work have a guarantee of a full year from packing date to be freshā€¦

3 Likes

I always find coffee overly bitter? Just a bit to much. Is that just what to expect without adding something to it?

That is why people drink coffee with milk and/or sugarā€¦ To counter the bitterness.
Some sorts of coffee are also having a sour taste so thereā€™s thatā€¦

Not necessarily, Origin of the bean, the roast and freshness are big factors. I like lighter roasted. There are other variables as well, like grind size, water temp and water contact time.
A good, fresh cup of coffee shouldnā€™t need anything else in it and still taste good.

This is my preferred bean.

3 Likes

I and my body are neither a fan of milk or sugar.

1 Like

Then maybe experiment and try different kinds of coffee until you find something you can have plain. Honestly I donā€™t like plain coffee and I adore my sweets so sugar with coffee it is for me.

1 Like

You can get smoother taste and less sharp, but it takes trail and error, finding what you like and also how to make it.

I find a lot of places make coffee overly hot and burn it and it also takes away from the enjoyment waiting for it to cool.

2 Likes

Alton brown from good eats added a pinch of salt to the grinds to off set the bitterness

1 Like

Iā€™ll try and few different ones

2 Likes

Got some fresh coffee, watched YouTube video :joy:, made coffee, coffee was not bitter (or at least itā€™s bitterness was mild and to my liking)

Quite nice.

2 Likes

Did you put salt in the grounds?

I drink some tasty brazilian coffee

But itā€™s already grounded 'cause fancy stuff here is absurdly expensive, so grounded coffee with (pre-washed)paper filters

errday, twice a day

1 Like