The Coffee Thread

Yes, yes it is.

1 Like

So the typical street advice is to get the Frenchroast SR500 do to its variable heat and fan speed settings. You will need this if you want to roast different types of beans. Different beans have different roast profiles which you can google. The altitude and origin effect the hardness, size, and flavor of the bean.

It will roast 4 oz of green coffee beans at a time. You will loose aprox ~12% of the volume by weight when you roast them due to the nature of roasting itself.

After that get yourself a grinder which will do different grind levels; coarse, medium, fine and you will be set.

You can get away with hacking a popcorn machine but typically this involves more work and is not a turn key solution.

Once youā€™ve got your tools in place just pick a good origin that you like, or get a multi sampler from the seller I mentioned above and experiment.

PS They do sell on amazon but their website is usually cheaper with the same shipping speed.

Already there bud.

I got my ninja drip brew, aeropress, and cold brew maker.

1 Like

French press and pour over is our style, aeropress only serves one.

Nah you can do multi, just split it at the end.

1 Like

Coworker likes 10oz of coffee in his mug, I can survive on anything.

Might get an aeropress for home.

I get a 16oz cold brew, no ice every morning. Perfect amount of power for me.

1 Like

ahhh kk.

I really like the aeropress because it was a god send when I went on vacation. Took up like no space and all I had to do was bring the grinder and I used the hot water heater they had there.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Grinder-Stainless-Removable-Container/dp/B07CVYT4XZ/

Might pick up that along with the aeropress if I get sent to south america for a month

home brew?

Nah. La Colombe. Snoody NY coffee.

I have tried making cold brew at home but it just tastes like I brewed coffee and put it in the fridge. The coffee shop cold brew has some magical flavor transformation.

You mean a nitro cold brew?

1 Like

No, just regular cold brew. Nitro is good too, but their nitro has lemon in it (why?), so I canā€™t drink it because gross and itā€™d break my fast.

We actually have nitro stumptown on tap here at work but for some reason it always takes syrupy. I wish it didnā€™t since itā€™s free, but I canā€™t do it.

1 Like

Ivory tower intensifies.

3 Likes

Coffee stuff. I just drink iced coffee from these cold brew pouches.

One of these last me a week.

1 Like

Bringing it back from the dead :wink:

2 Likes

I had some honey at the bottom of the jar, poured some coffee in, sealed it and shook it up.
Best foam I ever tasted.

First time I saw cold coffee in a can was in Japan in the early 90ā€™s

3 Likes

This is how I coffee.

Being a beverage equipment service Technician has its perks. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Still need to get an aero press for work, my friend has one and it works great. Just need that filter paper though, they always get you some how.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice machine you got thereā€¦