The Coffee Thread

Is coffee creamer a thing in Brazil?

Not much, but coffee with milk is (the famous cafƩ com leite, or pingado)

Itā€™s not that creamy, thoā€¦ looks good

I only pour some milk when I want to tone down the caffeine

Oh, almost forgotā€¦ this is a thing here, fairly common also:

I like to make decaf with it

2 Likes

Nah just black coffee

3 Likes

I have a simple aeropress, works nice. Portable too.

2 Likes

I can recommend the salt. Itā€™s an easy way to take the sharpness out and you donā€™t need more than a small pinch.

Also great way to get electrolytes early in the day.

2 Likes

A while back I was watching SOAD concerts on YouTube and ran across this.

Iā€™ve never had Armenian coffee, but my dad used to build/service pools and he said the Armenian people would often invite him for some coffee and itā€™s like the best thing ever. So I might order some when I get paid.

1 Like

straight up Nespresso espresso or like weak coffee but really sweetened in order to get the same energy as a highly caffeinated brew.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve always preferred hot leaf juice over hot bean juice my entire life, but after having coffee from a french press I might have to reevaluate that preference.

Now all I need is some higher quality coffee.

(Disregard food prep in the background.)

4 Likes

So what is the difference in taste from traditional brewing to French press?

French press usually allows the coffee oils to stay in the coffee rather than get filtered out via paper, this usually leads to a stronger taste. Also there is some left over sediment, but that is minor.

2 Likes

Last weekā€™s coffee at home:

Last weekā€™s coffee at office:

I brew using a v60

This weekā€™s coffee at home: Pacamara from El Salvador, natural processing

1 Like

How do i quit coffee? Just canā€™t do it ā€¦ Caved after 14/15 days!!
Every time I go to work, i feel like at junky at a stash house.

1 Like

Aaaand another thread i didnā€™t know existed that i should have taken part in much earlier!

Why would you ever do this? :wink:

Iā€™m personally now back to normal brewing. I was on Nespresso for some time (yeah, i know. But itā€™s quickā€¦), but the cost kept adding up and when the mashine gave up, i didnā€™t get a new one. Additionally i have a French Press too. Sadly, most pre-ground coffees are to fine for it and i only have a manual mill. So, making that takes some time.
Since iā€™m basically the only coffee drinker in my household, i often donā€™t bother and just go with regular brew. Both are fine for me. Itā€™s often the case that regular brew is more sour and press is more on the bitter side.

I only got ā€œpremiumā€ coffee once. Itā€™s incredible what a difference it can make. Though i really think the price difference isnā€™t justified in my case. I mostly ask for some realyl nice coffee beans as presents or such. But spending 5-10 times the money for the daily coffein is just not really worth it to meā€¦

Tired of the Heebee Jeebees in ma vains, roller coaster energy levels, and the poor sleep cycles.

Thatā€™s the mantra of a coffee lover.

Quality++ until your pockets give in.

3 Likes

Double Shot and a peanut butter cookie.

8 Likes

Gotta love the same 20 people ?

If it kickstarters my heart ?