The Beer Garden: What do you drink, and why?

Talking about Stouts beer. A startup company in my country is making this. I quite like it:

Knap was a greeting, good luck wish saying for the miners that worked in the area. The name of the beer “Kramp” is a dialect word which means Pickaxe.

2 Likes

The balisong in the background might be the best part of the photo :wink:

I wonder if the local import shop can get it…

1 Like

haha yea i am constantly playing with it. Was in the middle of drinking and took a picture. Offtopic I was surprised after reading how restricted it is in some countries to find out it’s perfectly normal here to own it/ have it in your car, just to have it in public it’s not allowed ofc.

I should clarify I was speaking of importing the beer, not the knife.

Can we get those here in the USA?

I was able to from my local liquor store here in Oklahoma, but I’m not sure if many stores keep it in stock. Also, I’m not sure if it was a limited run or not. Just ask your local store if they stock it or if they will order it.

Will do that. Thanks!

A heady homebrew with dinner. I think this one was made with the first year Cascade hops we grew, so probably made August-ish last year? It’s held up surprisingly well, malty, just a little bitter, not very hoppy but I’ve still got a lot of learning to do.

My buds in Florida talk about their beers non stop, had a few of them last summer. Great tasting, but there is a very artificial taste to them. Can only drink one before having to switch.

Columbus brewing company IPA is my goto.

I use to like IPA but now i think i burnt myself out on them.

My problem with those is they all taste soo similar… You can grab 4 ipas and barely taste any difference, but do that with Porters or stouts and you can tell which is which

some of them are better than others but i can see what your saying

1 Like

Oh yeah you can definately tell the quality difference… but if they’re all the same quality then it’s a crapshoot.

lemon

The wife picked out this Berliner Weisse today, it’s a decent one although a bit sweet on the uptake and fades into the sour a bit towards the end. Crisp and light, quite nice really.

1 Like

Another sour! This one from a semi-local brewery. An amazing, slow-drinking, very dark ale, practically a porter.

1 Like

super late reply:

Finally had a sticky treat. A total wine and more store got some in and damn did they go fast. I expected something very sweet, given the name, but it was a mellow, low toned sweetness on the back end. 7/10, wouldn’t buy it again.

1 Like

Unknown Imperial Teleporter
Porter
9%
Served in a relic from a different time.

1 Like

Big Wood Brewery’s Big Black Wolf (black IPA). This was the birthday beer from the new thing aquired thread… it is absolutely excellent.

2 Likes