Tek Syndicate Standard Issue mice owners thread

I don't have pictures, but basically there are four small phillips head screws on the bottom of the mouse. You can access them by pealing back the left and right sides of both the front and rear mouse feet. Once you remove these screws the shell can be opened. There is a short cable that you need to unplug from its socket that connects the top and bottom PCBs to completely separate the shell. There are two LEDs soldered into the bottom PCB: one on the back left which lights up the logo and one in the front right to light the scroll wheel (it could be interesting to try different colors), I believe that the sensor is driven by a third separate LED which is covered in tape. You can snip or desolder those the two LEDs to remove or replace them. There are also two large phillips head screws which hold two metal weights which are located in the back of the mouse behind the PCB. Removing the weights seems to make the mouse about 20 grams or so lighter (but I don't have a scale that can measure this) and moves the center of gravity about a centimeter forward.

Who are these people who say it's too big? I'm afraid it will be too small. I've got a 9" wingspan from thumb to pinky stretched out, but I'm only slightly above average height for an a-murican'. I claw grip and every mouse I've ever tried makes my ring and pinky rub together uncomfortably. (not to mention the hell of cross training as a lefty - like forcing yourself to use a pair of right handed scissors...)

Yes. This would be great.

I wonder, how much will shipping cost be, to deliver this beauty to eastern europe... Probably more than the mouse itself...

I'm a bit synical, but. here is my international shipping rant...

That's the sick part as a small business owner. A $5 item out of china adds cost to ship it to the US and import fees and the fact that it's a split cargo container brings it up to $20. You want to make a margin so you price it at $35, knowing that a percentage will be defective/returned/etc.

Once landed, invoiced, accounted for, etc. add another $5. You're at at least $30. AND there you go, as a test run they won't make shit on this run, and if it's good, people won't need to replace them for a while - so unless everyone buys one for a friend for Christmas they probably won't make another run anytime soon.

It's fine as far as a pure marketing play and roi, as well as keeping in contact with the manufacturer, but there are issues.

As far as overseas shipping goes, it depends on how they do it. My closest antipode is Perth, Australia. For example a 1lb box with UPS or FedEx is around $150-200, however the USPS is around $40. The US government (taxpayers) put them on the private carriers planes and subsidize the profit margin... Just no real time tracking.

end of shipping rant.

1 Like

A lot of assumptions here. I think we'll just have to wait to hear the plans from Logan.

I'm left handed, and use my mouse with my right hand. It felt unnatural using my left hand. meanwhile, i've been doing this since I was 13

not sure if you heard it in wasd, they MIGHT do another run. but it will possibly be in collaboration with another company. And something about it being a white mouse, rather than black. not 100 percent sure on that, there also has to be enough demand as well.

likely :[

Yeah, righties will never understand unless we force them to use left handed everything for a while. We're all ambidextrous by necessity, I say mental win on our side in the long run. There are other analogies, I'm 6'1" and rarely have to look at nose hair, girlfriends disagree. However the short girls don't see the balding spot if properly managed, etc. -- First world problems, but my sinitster left hand would have been whipped by a nun at my school 50 years ago...

1 Like

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT

1 Like

Here it is sitting on the Zweihander Nitheren mousepad.

3 Likes

My understanding is that ALL laser sensors have innate hardware acceleration, which is undesirable in a gaming mouse.

really? How does that work?

If you move the mouse quickly , the cursor travels a longer distance in the screen than when you move the mouse slowly.

So say you make a quick 2 inches movement, the cursor would move say 200 pixels in the screen, then you move the mouse the exact same distance slowly, and the cursor would only move 180 pixels.

lul... I know what accel is... derp....

This is what I was asking about.

Oh my bad.

“The laser light has a different wavelength. It is more looking into
the structure of the material than the normal LED light, which is more
surface illumination. It makes [the laser] more sensitive to the
roughness of the surface....The LED is more staying on the top of the
surface, so it’s very reproducible. On the top of the surface you have
peaks, and it’s only counting the peaks.
“If you look at the cloth pads that are made out of a structure of
fibers, the laser is so accurate it ... is showing you the nature of the
structure. You don’t care about that. You just want to measure a
distance ... The laser will really go down into the surface and then,
especially at low speed, will behave very differently. This is the
reason you have a big difference between low and high speed.”

From this article: http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-mouse-myths-busted/

3 Likes

great read. Thanks.

It is wonderful!

3 Likes

I just got mine. It's a little uncomfortable for me as I like to grip mice with a claw grip. But it is scary accurate. I went into a quick casual game on CS:GO and got several Deagle headshots in the pistol round and went on top fragging the rest of the game. I can't wait to get into some Battlefield 4 and see how well that sniper button is gonna work for me.

1 Like