Tek Syndicate Standard Issue mice owners thread

Heres mine. after gotten used to it, its really good, great accuracy due to the sensor. There is pinging in the mouse that you get from mechanical keyboards if you smack the buttons hard enough and there is this cheap ebay mouse feeling to it.

3 Likes

how did you open it?

never mind read it later, thanks!

here are pics.

label placement on the bottom kinda irked me but whateves

1 Like

Mine will be here today

1 Like

Alright immediate impressions:

This is the mouse I've always wanted.

For years I have been using the Mionix Naos 3200 because it fit my hand PERFECTLY but my one major complaint is that it did not have a DPI shift (sniper button), just the two side buttons.

This mouse has all of that.

I was utterly BLOWN AWAY at how fast Windows 10 recognized this thing. Seriously, less than a second.

Everyone complaining about how far the sniper button apparently have small hands because it is EXACTLY where the tip of my thumb goes (best spot IMO). To be fair I have larger than average hands but hey.

Final comment:

The right click is heavier than what I'm used to but that is just nit picking

This is my new daily driver, and the purple matches my K65 RGB profile so the pluses just keep on rolling

@Logan 10/10

5 Likes

the right/left buttons feel better than my mionix 8200,
but all the corresponding side buttons and DPI shift still feels better to me on the mionix,
i think has more to do with different materials for the shell.

thinking about opening up the mionix to see the internal differences but prolly not. haha $$$
hmm mouse wheel, i kinda like the tek one more
it feels more like you're rolling on bumps
the mionix is like the price is right 100 game(less spinny more clicky)

the mouse scroll down is heavier on the standard issue, i like the mionix more in this case feels more or less the same as the side buttons on the same mouse.
all it all it's a great value. easy to mod.
also DPI shift is at perfect presets imo.

You know I'm in a tough spot here. I've been snob basically using the exact same mouse for the better part of the last decade. I've gone through 2 Logitech MX518s and my current mouse is a G400s. Logitech went with that edgy look and feel with the G402 which I am not really a fan of, but even though they changed the mold it is still a comfortable looking right handed mouse that jives with my grip. I don't know that the Teksyndicate mouse necessary would, and that only because I've gotten so used to these mice, kinda like Wendells IBM bucking spring keyboard when he could be using cherry switches on a modern keyboard.

I mean just look at how perfect this thing is:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Logitech-MX518-Gaming-Mouse-review

I've had the mouse a week now and have been playing a lot of Minecraft in that time ( I like it, don't judge). This mouse is so much better than my Logitech G700. A lot of mice like to use a standard push button for the middle mouse click, this one uses the same switch that the left and right buttons use, which makes a huge difference. The mouse is also crazy accurate like everyone else has said. I can now notice the difference between the laser sensor on the G700 and the optical 3310 sensor on this mouse. I also really like the size. I use a full palm grip and like the big mice. I'm not switching back to the Logitech anytime soon.

So far I am a fan of this mouse.

I have never really had a proper gaming mouse but this is spot on. Best mouse I have ever had. The weight is just right, not to heavy or to light. The mouse preforms well meaning that my game play has increased. Having backwards and forward buttons is a nice change and makes going back a few pages easy. The sniper button could have been right in the middle but once you get a feel for it, it is like the button that you used for precision shots. Most of the images I am seeing displays the purple LED brighter than what mine is. Not sure if it is because some camera set ups capture more lighting or what. Minor complaint there. The textured grips welcome the thumb, ring finger and pinky finger like leather wrapped steering wheel does a hand. The scroll wheel is nice and tight kinda like a car that has had new shocks and a complete rebuilt suspension. 9/10

This is the hands on no frills mouse of the year in my opinion.

Dim LED or not?

2 Likes

yeah mine is dim as well. I'm ok with it. not everything needs to be super bright

We were going for a more subtle look. We had a sample that was full brightness.... I could light a whole room with it.

3 Likes

Like I said, it is only minor. The rest of what the mouse is and does makes the brightness seem like something you would just forget about. This mouse is like a super car compared to what I have used in the past.

Used the sniper button with Battlefield 4 and did great.

I would say for a standard issue mouse the quality is superior.

I'm still surprised you guys didn't use a white LED since it would match the Tek Syndicate colours a bit more

We had a sample with a white LED. It didn't really have the same feel. So we went with a "black light" type illumination.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight! Any chance we'll get a white LED version in the future?

We will likely make an RGB LED so you can choose whatever you want. In the long run that is less expensive than making several versions with different colors. Or, you can mod it yourself. Just be careful when you remove the Teflon feet.

1 Like

I've only been using this mouse for a few days, but so far, its probably the best mouse I have. I've been using a variety of Chinese knock-offs that are cheap, but have high sensitivity. The sensors do not compare to this mouse. My buddy uses high end logitech types, and I would say this feels remarkably similar for the price. It is very accurate, seems about the right weight, and is big enough for my big hands and long fingers (too often do I change stance due to size issues).

I don't care about the LED tbh. Feel is far more important to me, and I really like the feel of this mouse. The material coating feels nice, but I will say attracts dust. Wendell mentioned this mouse is only for use on a mousepad, and I would have to say that while it works on other surfaces, you really get the best on a pad.

I moba a lot on Heroes of the Storm, so accurate clicks are a must. I notice that the finish doesn't promote sweat after long hours, nor does it 'wear' on my hand after prolonged use. Very smooth. RTS games play similar, click drag is also smooth. Haven't tried shooters yet, but I'm not much for FPS on the PC just yet. With this mouse, I think I can get there.
Photoshop use is also impressive. I can't say how nice it is to have an accurate sensor for brushes, and selection tools.
At first, I would've suggested this mouse be even more sensitive, but after using it for 6+hours I don't think it needs anything.

Overall I would say this is a great mouse. I'd be curious to see a list of possible revisions for version 2, because this one is already on point. I'm already considering another one.
I was wondering how lefty users feel, if we have any. It seems this mouse is great for me, but I would be curious.
Highly Recommended.

This mouse, no joke, is the best one I have used in a long long time. Probably going to get another one and will be recommending it to anyone who needs a new mouse.

1 Like

I used to have the G600 by logitech but this mouse feels so much better

1 Like

Got the mouse a few days back but decided to toss 20+ hours of BL2 and a few other games @ it first. Still not used to how quick it stops tracking when I lift it. Tracks better than my Zalman a little, but definitely a lot better build quality. The best part is it doesn't push \ and n randomly. Now to go give Kerrigan a bath, been using this mouse pad for a few years and it's starting to look a little funky.

Review finally done.

One hell of a mouse guys.

3 Likes