Tek Syndicate Standard Issue mice owners thread

Got mine in yesterday. Absolutely love the feel of it. The weight is spot on. DPI presets are just right. Sniper button is surprisingly useful. Comparing to Razer Mamba (personal mouse, because Chroma...) and ROG Gladius (office mouse because ASUS) currently.

To give a better size comparison, here's the mouse next to this weird carved wooden head that I bought in Taipei . . .

6 Likes

needs banana for true scale

2 Likes

So I purchased one... but USPS decided that nobody lives at my house so they sent the mouse back to sender. Now I get to stop by the post office and convince them in fact I do live at my house and they should deliver mail here.

cool!

if you could mold the banana right next to it, it would bigger than the mouse

you should contact epic pants, so they could send it back, or issue a refund.

Too bad this mouse seems like it's too big for my small hands. And that shipping basically doubles the price :(

I know about that shipping cost :/ otherwise I'd get it for my laptop. Just got a Mionix Avior 7000 a few weeks ago, living in Australia the shipping kills it for me, I'd need to do a big order to be worth it.

Anyone can do a review / comparison of the Tek Syndicate Standard Issue mouse and a Mionix Avior / Naos 7000? @Logan you have those mice, can you compare them?

I don't care for RGB in a mouse as cheap (amazing price for the quality, wish it came out before I got the Mionix as I leave the colour white) as the standard issue, as I could solder in any other LED, or even an RGB LED and a small logic board (arduino) along with a hidden potentiometer circuit , or tiny usb hub's circuit board in it to power mouse and arduino. no problem lol. program it on the fly, and even make a simple RGB config GUI for the arduino in mouse.

My first thought was that it looked like a deathadder or something.

Someone has already changed the LED! Looks like he will be posting the how to on the forum. :) https://twitter.com/Ballinger102/status/713418356003573760

2 Likes

Guys at Overclockers are opening it and removing the weights. Lol.

2 Likes

Whatever floats your boat I guess. Perhaps I'm not too picky about my mice. Good construction, good features, good sensor, low cost. Seems good to me. Like I said earlier, it wont likely become my daily driver, but that's only because I prefer smaller mice.

Rock on. I was thinking about ordering another one and trying this.

Changing the LED shouldn't be too difficult. Just a matter of unsoldering the two that are in there and soldering two new ones in. Also need to check the polarity of the current lights but I think i saw that printed on the pcb.

Still cool though. I want to make mine RGB with an Arduino and a Bluetooth transceiver.

1 Like

TekWiki material right there :D

2 Likes

I know Wendell and Logan recommended a dark mouse pad, but mine works great on my brightly coloured pad too.

1 Like

Got one on the way, subscribed to see progress on modding them.

can he also post the how to here, and a separate thread on the forum.

If there is interest then I'm down. I was planning on documenting it and making the source code free anyway, so it would just be slightly more official I guess.

I'm waiting on the parts to get here from China, although I do have a full sized Arduino and a Bluetooth shield, so I could at the very least get the coding part done now. All that really needs to be done is just communication between the Arduino and Bluetooth transceiver with an Android phone or something. The LED part should be simple.

3 Likes