Sysadmin Mega Thread

Btw, decided to reinstall my infrastructure with OEL.

Just got GitLab working.

Minecraft is still worked tho :sob:

On the bright side I was able to easily tune the vms for performance.

1 Like

Begun, the Tab Wars have.

1 Like

Been looking into Unifi’s UNMS but can’t find anything about setting it up for HA. Anyone know if this is possible?

Idk about UNMS specifically, but when I looked into this for Unifi Controller, the “solution” was to run it as a VM in a HA/fault-tolerant hypervisor cluster. Or in other words, they don’t have a solution.

Who knew ultrawides were for kernel development?

3 Likes

(I knew)

1 Like

hah I guess that’s a good point.

They also have a soft 80 character line limit. with the additional note of "we don’t really bitch about it too much, but try to keep to it.

1 Like

What’s your tab set to?

I set my tab to 2 spaces.

I like to use four.

Oh god.

How can you read code that way?

4 is definitely the sweet spot.

Linters and syntax highlighters. If it was just BW I would do 4 spaces.

1 Like

Currently compiling my own version of ffmpeg as I’ve decided to to switch to Jellyfin for awhile.

2 Likes

Let me know how that works out for you.

1 Like

Took my server 20 minutes to compile it.

Epyc is epic.

2 Likes

Nice.

Alright, so the rpm package provided by jellyfin is lame because it cannot properly detect a manually compiled version of ffmpeg so I just installed via source code method.

I even setup all the proper paths with symbolic links in /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin. Seems that their script only checks if ffmpeg is installed via the package manager.

That’s silly. :confused:

Oh well.

Yeah no worries, I got it installed on my shiney new OEL 8.2 installation, opened up the firewall ports, and are scanning the library now.

Going to figure out how to make it a systemd service and then tweak a bit more then I will make it live on my TV subdomain.

Plex is dead for now :stuck_out_tongue:

My company is leaving CentOS for Arch, thanks to a bunch of stupid changes in el8.

This will be an experience.