Post your battle stations!

It does it’s job for being second screen that displays chats and stuff

It somewhat did. But my eyes are thanking me. Fonts are so much crisper, colors don’t suck. Plus, the annoying buzzing is now gone.

What buzzing?

It was either the integrated PSU or the module for regulating the brightness that started buzzing about a week ago to the point where it gave me a headache after some time.

But trust me, that TN panel was utter shit, regardless of what I paid 9 years ago.

Rearranged and cleaned my office out today… Much to my wifes surprise lol

Before ( bearing in mind this is after a year of being the household dumping ground)

And the glorious after shots… Cause everyone always feels better afterwards, even if they didnt do the cleaning lol

Curtains go up tomorrow… but for now ive had enough, its time to work on the RC…

11 Likes

How have I not posted this yet

You can’t really see, but there are actually 2 more computers hiding in the shadows

24 Likes

Nice win10 theme :wink:

1 Like

REEEEE3E

2 Likes

Just giving him a hard time. He’s 1337 pro pure Unix FreeBSD, not the broken, corrupt Linux OS

2 Likes

Your words, not mine. But yes all 7 computing devices in this picture run a BSD or BSD-derived OS (including the camera itself).

2 Likes

:wink: I can be your translator, fret not.

If I didn’t need GoToMeeting and Ring Central all of my computing devices would be running FreeBSD/DragonflyBSD

2 Likes

New desk, new me.

I put it this way just temporarily. I’m worried some day I’ll not be paying attention and kick one of the DP cables and screw up my GPU. Once my monitor arms come in I’m going to make the left one vertical and scoot stuff over and then hopefully I can fit the case on top of my desk, otherwise I might be saving up for a new case.

I love the idea for the cable management, but it really only works if your case is on top of your desk. Then you can keep all the cables tucked into the net, but since everything has to go down to reach the case, it doesn’t work. Once I get my case on top of the desk, I’ll be able to keep everything tucked away. I want to mount a power strip to the bottom so the only cable showing would be the cable for the power strip.

The holes on top help keep the cables very tidy on the desk though, which also kinda keeps them from getting jumbled up under the desk because they’re pretty much held in place.

10 Likes

I thought it was time to share my workspace. This is actually at work. I’ll probably add my Home Setup later. 3 1080p Screen running of a Fujitsu Laptop. It’s a tad old (4th Gen i7), but has 16G of RAM and a 250G 950 Evo. So it’s plenty fast. Currently running Fedora 29.
I added the mousemat this week and got provided the Logitech Set (K800 and MX Master). Until now i used my own Logitech MX Ergo and a MX Board that you might be able to spot in the background. I must say, for not being mechanical, the K800 is a really decent board. And not quite as loud/annoying for my co-workers. I’m undecided on the mouse. Having used a trackball for over a year, i’m not sure if mousing is for me. The MX Master is excelent though. But no software or remapability on Linux sucks.
Other than that, i’m really happy with the workspace my employer provides to me!

15 Likes

Your desk is very clean compared to the other persons’.

5 Likes

Not sure what you’re implying…

4 Likes

Yeah, i don’t like clutter at my workspace. Helps me focus on Tasks at hand.

4 Likes

You must really love your job. I need as many distractions as I can get. I have a second desk just for a place to put more junk in the way

3 Likes

I have a couple of questions, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to answer the first one.

1. What do you do for a living/job? It looks super cozy is the only reason I ask.

2. Which trackball have you used? I bought the Kensington Pro and am happy with it, so I’m curious what other people have/enjoy.

Amazing setup for sure though!

I made a review some time ago of what I use:

3 Likes

All new acoustic foam and some PC and audio upgrades. Picked up a Schiit Modi 3 and JDS Labs Atom. Sold the Modi Multibit and Asgard 2. The R7 2700x build went to the wife with the old Gtx 1080. Only thing I kept was the Titan Xp w/ hybrid mod.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dalbry91/saved/9MdLJx

9 Likes