Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

One could only hope.

The Great Hyperspace War would have made for a great movie.

1 Like

Well, there was a little nugget posted that said Vader would be much more brutal than we have ever seen him....

Darth Vader will have action sequences in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. We have been told that Darth Vader has had several suits of armor built for the film. There is a hero suit which is a direct copy of the suit we have seen in Star Wars: A New Hope, down to the lenses in the eyes. The most interesting part is that stunt suits have been built, which indicates Darth Vader will in fact see action.

"The action sequences filmed are unknown, but there was work pitching the different ways Darth Vader could kill rebels on a battlefield with the Force and his lightsaber. The storyboard “pitches” showed decapitated rebels, people being dismembered by Vader throwing his sword, levitating bodies to make human shields, and so on. The art was more violent than what we’ve seen Darth Vader do on screen before.'

I hope you are right that we will see more of a darker vader, but I feel like this statement is almost always true. Especially when you are creating a film with the hopes of appealing to the widest audience possible. This is just like how the books were generally always more gruesome than the films.

IDK..... I mean... Obi-Wan dismembering Anakin and leaving him to burn in III was pretty brutal. And decapitating Jango Fett in II......

This is basically a self-contained war movie. The tone is darker, more gritty. There is no mythos or force users (other than Vader, and perhaps Donnie Yen's character... as he is blind.... he could be force sensitive). People close to the project have refered to it as 'Saving Private Ryan' in space lol

"Working with Edwards on Rogue One are special effects supervisor Neil Corbould, production designers Neil Lamont and Doug Chiang and cinematographer Greig Fraser. Their credits include work on films like Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, Saving Private Ryan, Edge of Tomorrow and the Harry Potter series."

Those are some serious flicks.

I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach to this. I'm glad the director said it would be darker than the Trilogies. "It's called Star Wars," he said. He directed Zero Dark Thirty, if that's any indication of the approach he'll take. We shall see. I dislike they're using a digital recreation of Peter Cushing for Tarkin. They seriously couldn 't find someone else to play a slightly younger Tarkin? C'mon! It's nice to see they tried for more diversity in the cast than blacks. Let's just hope they're not relegated to supporting roles.

Also liked the "Anthologies" name better, but this is nit picking.

Just watched the teaser, and it looks like the pretty white girl will be the lead...how convenient.

It definitely ain't Thrawn. Could be Admiral Yularen, but he had a mustache. Maybe it's Bevel Lemelisk. I think there was another white coat admiral at the Death Star conference. More than likely though, this isn't a grand admiral, as that uniform doesn't look that white...unless they're changing that aspect of the rank of grand admiral. It's most likely Tarkin, but Tarkin wouldn't be that much younger.

1. Who said Tarkin was CGI?

2. Garreth Edwards directed Monsters and Godzilla....Not Zero Dark Thirty. The composer and Cinematographer did Zero Dark Thirty, however.

3. Yeah that is a Fleet Admiral insignia/pips/whatever on his suit, not a Grand Admiral.

I know I shouldn't be.... But I am excited for this already. I just hope that they make a good movie, looks like it will have some interesting people in it

Aint that for true. Although.... it is Star Wars.. i was already hyped XD wonder if we will have to wait till Star Wars Celebration in July for the full Trailer @_@

Also.. i'm noticing a pattern on teksyndicate..... i may be one of the few here that actually loved the Force Awakens XD (enough to see it 7 times in theaters). I'm definitely in the vast 95% majority, but still, interesting to see such a concentration of the minority.

That happened in season 6 of the Clone Wars. Yoda goes on a spiritual adventure and visits Bane's grave on Korriban (planet name changed to "Morriband" in the new canon). They talk about the Sith infighting and his creation of the Rule of Two. I'm not sure if that means all of the events of the books are canon, but at least the main story line is.

Tbh, I liked the force awakes... yes star killer base was dumb... the fact that Finn was a janitor or whatever was kinda lame joke. That movie however made up, for me, EP one two and three. The bad guy was great imo, that's what anakin should have been played like.

I really did not think JJ would pull it off after killing the soul and missing the point, in my opinion, Star trek.

That final shot of Jyn against the black background and white lights reminds me of some of the Katniss everdeen promotional material for some reason. That or maybe the deus-ex wings of icarus

You are the second person i have heard that saw a katniss likeness lol

@MFZuul
Kylo is just a badass.
Slightly off tangent..... JJ's feel and aesthetic of Star Trek was epic. any parts of the stories were down to other people... as well as Viacom. Who knows what they are doing with the new Star Trek series that is coming out next year.....

Overall, I actually have high hopes for this.

Is Williams writing the soundtrack for this one?

Only 4 lens flares (more if you count that yellow warning light in the beginning). JJ I'm disappoint.

1 Like

no he is not. He will be doing the Trilogy, but not the stand alone films. there will be some themes william composed, like the title crawl, and probably the imperial march. but the score will be done by Alexandre Desplat.

@Big_Al_Tech lol, i assume you are teasing, as JJ has nothing to do with Rogue One lol.

what?

Looks great to me can't wait. I find that they did another female main character interesting. Perhaps they are trying to show how progressive they are? I dunno. Not complaining just interesting. Perhaps a transgendered protocol droid for a lead role down the road!?!

That is our only hope.

1. An article I read when they first introduced the cast of the movie, which was months ago.

2. The same article said the director of Zero Dark Thirty was going to direct this. I guess they got it wrong. (No I don't have a link to it.)

They also wanted to include Revan in that scene, but I think George said no to it. Too bad, he'd be canon then in the new imposter canon. Also, the Korriban naming confusion was retconned by saying the planet had multiple names, but when I saw Disney made Kessel an actual planet, I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

I look forward to others contributing to the Star Wars score. Many of he games have great music, and it doesn't feel out of place at all (Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, Republic Commando, KotOR/SWTOR). I can only take so much of the recycled John Williams score. I'm sure there are composers out there that can make a great, memorable, and iconic contributions to the music of Star Wars, although John Williams set the bar and style they all have to follow.

I think that why the new Jurassic Park and Star Wars movie were soo huge was because there was such a huge gap since there was a new movie. If they keep spamming movie content I think that for each new movie they would get less of a turn up. I think that it would of been better if they made this into a tv series and have 6 episodes per season and have each episode have a cliff hanger that leaves everyone angry.

Its better to see how long they can milk the profit. Just because ESPN is going under does not mean they have to go all out and try it make up for its losses all at once.

Lucas wanted to make a TV series. The rumor was it finally going to be produced around this time, but then he just decided to sell. We were all robbed of finally having a live action Star Wars series.