Star Wars: Rogue One: Who's Going?!

All the grand admirals had white officers uniforms - not just thrawn. Also, unless thrawn is not a Chiss any longer is Disney's new SW canon, then its not thrawn. Tarkin was also never officially a grand admiral to my knowledge. But, that's all just "legends" now :D yes I am still butthurt about this and likely always will be :D

1 Like

Tarkin was a Grand Moff. Well it could be a new character... I actually don't want Thrawn in the anthology. I want him in the same time line as Heir to The Empire.

yep. grand moff is different than grand admiral. It will likely be Disney's interpretation of tarkin, who managed the building of the death star or some new character (im assuming new character since Disney wants to be so original and everything)

1 Like

I don't mind new characters, Actually we need new characters. This one off movie is fine by me. Just don't overdo it with an Obi Wan / Han Solo / Boba Fett anthology...

Agree. I'm just perma-salty ever since the great EU toilet flush occurred. There were just so many good books that Disney could have made into movies. For 95% of SW movie fans, the content would've been "new" and fans of the books would've been extra excited. Oh well - that decision has been made. Hopefully the movie is entertaining.

Please don't bring that up.... :(

1 Like

They sure did list a lot of flaws of hers in the early part of the trailer lol.

Also.... I loved Rey lol. Not sure we would be having this conversation if it was a guy.... :P

I wish we got a better shot of Alan Tudyk's Droid character.

@HimTortons Vader will be in it, yes. There were reports that he will have a scene where we will see things that we have never seen vader do.

1 Like

Although.... he is wearing a Fleet Admiral insignia, NOT a Grand Admiral Insignia.

Grand Admiral Insignia (Legends)

Fleet Admiral Insignia (Legends)

I would be because it's a shitty character arc. She used the force throughout the movie and never made one mistake. For example, she used the force to concentrate on chopping off that monsters tentacles who had finn. " that was lucky she said" yeah right... force all the way.

Finn is acting like a dog using her face as a platform, falling over, not listening, making mistakes left and right.

She did not train at all, like luke had to. She just sprung towards success beating the villain with a weapon she's never used before, in some matrix esque "i am the one moment". Made 0 errors. The only arc is that she found out who her dad was. Wow awesome

Even the male villain was confused and sad and lonely and totally irresponsible with his fits.

I'm not a misogynist, but the movie is so blatantly obvious. "Don't hold my hand!" "Stop doing that!" Then she leads the way briskly as finn follows and defeats everybody singlehandedly, piloting the millenium falcon better than han, and is more powerful in the force than luke was and the villain is. That is hysterically bad writing and doesn't raise the stakes, and is so many variables that I don't think it's a coincidence.

I mean, can't you imagine in the sequel, luke goes to train her, but finds out she's much stronger in the force than he is? I can see it...

1 Like

It's more like comparing Animal Farm to a really, really large coloring book, that has like two Picassos mixed in with all the shit.

The EU is coming back, slowly, as the good stories get chosen (no more 15 Palpatine clones and no more Luuke!).

Bane is canon now, Revan is close to being canon, stuff like that.

More relevant to the topic of this thread though, I hope the image of the Grand Admiral will not be Thrawn in human form. That doesn't fit his character. Why would he care about some silly toy that Vader/Tarkin was building? A fleet of star destroyers is much more effective, with less cost.

There's plenty of time to make a psychological thriller starring Thrawn in the future.

1 Like

Is princess leia technically a disney princess now...?

3 Likes

darth bane being in the canon makes me so happy. I've read the books, they were great! I hope they make a movie on them.

I remember hearing a while back they were planning to churn out SW movies on a yearly basis.

I'm sure it will all be quality. /s

He better be cutting people in half... Not any of this Rebels cartoon "everyone is alive" crap !

Agreed ! Although I feel this is a darker movie, so... could be good

look at marks face at the end of the trailer... lol. He knows something we don't. This does not bode well.

Tell us what is happening Mark. Tell us...

It would be nice if I didnt have to keep up with this crap. When/where was this officially announced. I've been waiting for a Bane movie trilogy for quite a while. If Disney did this, they might win some points from me :D

Rather see a Darth Malgus movie...

film adaptation of the Plagueis backstory would be great too. They could show all the movie fans what really led up to Ep 1 (I thought it was really interesting).

I think it'd be interesting if hey turned KotOR into a movie.

1 Like

Yeah. I just wish we could get anything from the old republic period in movie form. Early sith canon would've been awesome too - like the death of Marka Ragnos and rise of Naga Sadow. Maybe Disney will just throw in the towel and bring back all the EU canon (minus the new jedi order + stuff :D).

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter - the movie (with an R rating) would be amazing too :D

1 Like