Ryzen Laptops That Are Coming Out

Also if it wasn’t acer I’d care more I think.

2 Likes

Seriously doubt that, it’s msrp is very low so the price i showed is with eu tax. Don’t think canada can top that, if it can the 1700 is a no brainer though

That’s harder to argue with, they do make awesome models though they tend to be a lot more expensive, let’s see what happens once it’s released

They also catch on fire.

1 Like

Ya thats exactly what I need while I am in a store full of liqur… lol

2 Likes

I mean are you putting in the replacement display intended for the other hardware configs and not a repurposed or knockoff that the vender is saying is legit? I ask because I have not had issues with any of the 10-15 Lenovos that our office sends out for Live event rentals including the 9 year old systems. The only things we have done is replace the oldest laptops HDD’s with SSD’s and one laptop needed some new keycaps after a soda spill cleanup. This includes a light misting outside for one of our machines during one show.

New 15" ASUS offering in the VivoBook 15 X505ZA:

1 Like

up to 12 gigs of ram? X360 has 32 gigs lol. I wonder my thats a limitation there.

I see 16GB limit. Confusing though since it says 4GB built in.

Probably due to 1 SODIMM slot vs 2 on the X360…

ASUS VivoBook 15 is powered by up to the latest generation AMD Ryzen™ 7 processor with up to 12GB DDR4 RAM and AMD Radeon™ Vega¹⁰ processor graphics for smooth visuals and great gaming experiences. It also features dual-band 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi — so you’ll enjoy super-fast online performance.

Sounds like 4 GB is soldered to the board and they don’t support an extremely lopsided 20 GB of RAM.

1 Like

Memory
4 GB Onboard Memory, 1 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion, up to 16 GB SDRAM, Dual-channel up to 16 GB SDRAM

Not sure how dual channel works with 1 extra socket. Maybe 4GB+4GB in dual channel and the rest isn’t? Would be funny if they disable the onboard 4GB if adding a 16GB SODIMM. Or dedicate it entirely to the onboard graphics? Pure speculation. Maybe typos on the product page.

Sounds like netbook technology.

Burn it.

Has somebody spotted an Asus VivoBook Flip yet?

Saw an advert at best buy the last time I was there.

With a Ryzen APU? I can’t find anything online. Only Intel as far as you can see.

Yeah just that they were coming. It was a poster. Also I think you can spot one in an LTT video at computex. Linus was looking at all the ryzen laptops that are going to come out.

2 Likes

Anyone had any experience with Acer Swift 3 line? Looking at this one, doesn’t have touchscreen but I can live without it. Checks off all the boxes… Ryzen, 15 inch, 256GB SSD, fingerprint sensor:

I’d look at the HP option. The Envy X360 15z makes me drool, and few facets of hardware can do that.

The HP Envy X360 13z might be interesting. https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-13z-touch-laptop-3ec92av-1

Lighter and smaller (<3 lbs, 13") than the 15z (<5 lbs, 15"), so it’s more sensible as an ultraportable. I just hope the quality control is decent, and that the RAM is upgradeable.

The whole 15z is basically my ideal. You can change out any hardware except the APU. I have done the research, it is the only laptop on the market that is graphics capable for 3D stuff, has 4C 8T, can do NVME, literally everything you want in like a high end laptop is in that thing.

And I am a hardware fanatic. I am picky as fuck. That thing is the perfect laptop. If the 13z can keep all the features of the 15z than ryzen mobile is infinitely better than any pile of shit intel is going to put out for a year minimum, maybe 2 years. And I mean that as a motorola and IBM CPU fanboy, IDRC about either of the companies we have now. But if AMD can keep this up they’ll have my money for years. Only if they keep that feature list going though.