Ryzen 1700x with new mainboard bios showing -20C° temps?

got the new mobo and cpu installed asus board showing again wrong temps gonna update the bios to a new version

I don't understand it.
http://imgur.com/a/kSUCd

I think windows is the problem not the mainboard or the bios

no clue what other said about it - but its obviously windows / software recognizing the proper temps etc issue not hardware... reminds me of the time when it stated my cpu gets 120Amps of current through it.

Haha now I'm sure it's not the mobo or the cpu

But wasn't the old board showing wrong temps in bios, I'd think it's the bios then. Not the OS.

1 Like

Yes but i'm on the old bios that came with the board and it's showing right temps in the bios itself see post above imgur link but every tool in windows is showing the wrong temps like with the old board so frustrating....

I would say it's complicated haha

Well at least its kind of a progress then, do the tools in OS show negative numbers again? If not, at least you can see the idle temp from bios and adjust a offset in OS/monitoring soft then.

Ryzen master still shows negative temps hwinfo 64 shows positive temps but only very low ones like 23C° max and min 5C° idle 10C° updating my bios now maybe the new bios works this time

nope didn't help

Asus, man.

There's something really weird here.

1 Like

but did the new bios make things worse? And from the screenshot looks like temp scaling works in the correct fashion, i.e. only an offset issue. So tweak offset:

Might be an acceptable temporary measure until a future bios update fixes it. Also might want to go to HWiNFO forums and see if Martin has any thoughts(about the actual issue).

1 Like

thx for the idea but it doesn't work for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Note that my screenshot is just an example from my laptop(i7-3630QM) you will want to find one of the sensors for cpu from your system, I'd pick the 'cpu' sensor from motherboard so from the sensor settings - custom tab scroll down to the 'ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING (...' section and click on CPU entry just underneath it, it then allows you to adjust options in relation to that specific sensor.

1 Like

tried it didn't do anything thx doe for your help :)

After changing the additive number in the settings did you press 'set' next to it too?

Yep I tried it like 5 times

Ok you definitely have a case for asking help from Martin at HWiNFO forums now then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is he the coder of hw info? I guess

Yeah, he is the developer.

1 Like