Ryzen 1700x with new mainboard bios showing -20C° temps?

Will do that sometime tomorrow thanks :wink:

Where can I find this Sense MI Skew in the bios or is it only for that asus crosshair board

Is that the Sense MI Skew ? Setting discrete tmp? (Not my bios/picture )

Didn't change it but bios is showing right temps I think

Closest I can find for Crosshair VI hero(I recon thats actually a intel mobo since baseclock is called BCLK rather than APU on the side):

According to the reddit screenshot you posted the SenseMI features would be in that part of the bios if scrolled further down. So see if you can find Extreme(or Ai) Tweaker - Tweaker's paradise, if not then asus must have reserved that for the higher end CH VI Hero mobo to differentiate it from the lower end x370 mobos.

edit there it is on CH6(next after External Digi+ Power Control):

and then scrolling down in tweaker's paradise:

1 Like

sad story for me haha

So I used the asus ai suite tool to oc the cpu with it and now it shows temps what???

It's showing the right temperature ayy D

I installed asus ai suite did the OC with the tool and it showed the right temperature then I looked what it set different it is the !CPU 1.80 V VOLTAGE ! setting if it's changed to 1.900V the cpu is showing the right temperature

@Megalomaniak @MisteryAngel @catsay @Vitalius

Ok, that(Asus bloatware) is certainly the oddest solution ever, but then again, this is Asus. so I'll just shrug it off and say great that it's fixed. I take it all you have left is to figure out memory timings then? I think theres a thread about ryzen & memory where everyones been (ab)using @catsay 's expertise and willingness to help...

3 Likes

I can change that value in the bios too ,what do you mean with figuring memory timings out do they look bad ? Confused @Megalomaniak

Its not about bad, its about making them best you can make them to be

I did write my confusion and figuring out shit process here, so you can try reading it through if its making anything any clearer

Think best would be to refine that a bit and create picture guide like for where to start and whats the last thing to do, also alternative shorter version with key timings which would be like 80% faster to do I think

2 Likes

Thanks will try that out :slight_smile:

Think the way would be like

1. Load XMP profile
  2. Check if 14-14-14-14, 12-12-12-12, or even lower works for tCL - tRCDWR - tRCDRD - tRP
  3. Find lowest tRFC
  4. Find lowest for everything from tRRDS onward
  5. Find lowest timings from tTCL to tRP
    Note: tRCDWR &tRCDRD must be same
  6. Find lowest tRAS
  7. Find lowest tRC

and the shorter version would be like

1. Load XMP profile
  2. Check if 14-14-14-14, 12-12-12-12, or even lower works for tCL - tRCDWR - tRCDRD - tRP
  3. Find lowest tRFC
  4. Find lowest tRAS
  5. Find lowest tRC

I have selected the profile standard for the ram 2999mhz

ez tuning wizard had to dial the ram from 3021mhz back wouldn't boot with that with 2747mhz it booted,tried 2877mhz booted too gonna use that

DRAM Timing Control has those ram timings

Exactly, thats a bit overwhelming and then you end up stress testing every single one of them :head_bandage:

which is why I think that order is important so its not just random poking, and it allows a bit staging that you do like one setting each day

2 Likes

I found 3 other people even one with a ryzen 1700 with the problem I have with this board showing right temps .

1 Like

Any links? Would be interesting to read up on that.

Sorry for not Response @Megalomaniak haha had been at work here you go https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94860

Guy from the YT comments
->> http://imgur.com/d1GBzH3
Funny thing paul does have 0 problems with the board when you watch the video haha is there a us and a Europe version or different bios versions for the board
Video It's from-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqzunqpLRNs&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Sure thing the Design and layout and how you post on this forum is much easier then in the rog forum haha