Ryzen 1700x with new mainboard bios showing -20C° temps?

Hmm good question but why would they hide the option?

The strix is the newest of the ASUS X370 motherboards, likely the bios is still younger than the others so they may simply not have gotten around to finishing it's support yet, if they even intend to support the feature on that particular board.

So it could be that the bios is not good atm with reading temps and needs updates?

Maybe, but I'm inclined to say it's unlikely - some reviewers have already tested the board and I don't think they would have overlooked such an issue. Best to as stated by many in this thread already: RMA the chip. And I will add my personal opinnion as an extra, if you aren't happy with the board why not see if the store is willing to exchange it for something else in the price range, I hear AsRock boards are considered to be rather good for this generation, especially in regards to the bios.

I like the board beside I get no temp. readings it has the right amount of usb ports and functions like my old one that is why I bought it

Well, then hopefully it's just the chip. Personally I rather like ASUS but got to be patient with those BIOS updates.

1 Like

Wrote a rma for the chip and that I want a new one in change for my chip @Megalomaniak

Well i would say reseat the cpu again, and see if you get correct readings again.
Wenn it does, and on a later moment it does wrong readings again.
Then my guess is that its probablly an issue with the motherboard / bios.

So took the chip out put it back in first boot was the 44C° second boot the 18C° it decreased from 44C° to 18C° after the second boot. @MisteryAngel

http://imgur.com/a/dRe20

So I put my i5 and asus h97 board back in even with amd chipsdrivers installed it shows me cpu temps for my i5 even doe i just swapped parts. Gonna send mobo and cpu back did rma for both that i'm on the safe side.

1 Like

With a functional system to use while you wait it's indeed not a bad idea to just RMA both, one problem with ASUS though: you might wait a while, hence why I suggested trying to RMA the CPU first.

I can rma and get it replaced within the first 2weeks I bought it no problem here speaking about the mobo (haven't bought directly from asus bought it from a big hardware shop here) , cpu is gonna be the same pretty easy to do when you are doing it within the first 2 weeks :wink: @Megalomaniak

Well, yeah, wasn't sure how long you've been messing with the system. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since wednesday ^^ @Megalomaniak

So cpu and mobo getting shipped back today now I wait ;p

Got a new cpu back bought a new mobo which will arrive monday :smiley: this is gonna be nice .

What mobo did you get, the same?

The same if it doesn't work again I will send it back again^^ @Megalomaniak

Yo, don't worry, you just got a super good Ryzen chip, look at those temps, damn.

1 Like

New chip

@geisterfaust