RTX 3000 /thread

It’s out, and it’s looking pretty good.

Will you be getting one?

3 Likes

Yeah. 3090 in Crossfire

4k @144hz gaymin’

1 Like

Is kind of underwhelming performance wise, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Whut?

2 Likes

Sorry, you’re right:

CrossFire*

8 Likes

Looks like one 3080 is enough

2 Likes

*Laughs in NvLink* :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No.

1 Like

I think 3090 is the new Titan? Titan RTX was the same speed as RTX2080Ti for Blender Cycles rendering, so I think it’s main feature was more VRAM, which is helpful for creators but not as much for gaming?

1 Like

Correct.

2 Likes

That’s not the 2x that we were hearing about last week, though.

3 Likes

Nvidia said it is “Titan Class”, so I would not be surprised to see a more workstation focused Ampere GPU in the next half year.

Yes.
It is a 20-30% uplift over the 2080ti, at ~100W increased power draw.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter, it raises the bar for price/performance significantly.

31% faster than a 2080ti in 4k, at a much lower price.

2 Likes

Tom’s Hardware has the 3080 at 33% faster than a 2080 Ti at 4K. Seems to line up with most of the other testing I’ve been seeing this morning.

Not too shabby.

Look at the price performance chart.

Even more VRAM? I think VRAM is getting to be a crunch for lots of creators if they have Blender/3DSMax, Substance Painter, UE all running. 3090 alrady looks pretty nice for that, unless Nvidia wants to start eating into their Quadros?

Yeah hard to not beat RTX2080Ti on price/performance, it was so $$$$ for what it was (except for rendering, it’s super nice for that). I’m most looking forward to seeing the Blender Cycles bench from Blender.

1 Like

Unlikely. Maybe 12GB and a reduction in power (and a bump in FP64, wich is craptastic).

I am just guessing based on Nvidias strange marketing and shift in naming.

Which tells me to buy a 5700.

It’s not only beating it, it’s almost on top of the chart.

Either way it’s safe to say the 3070 pretty much makes AMDs lineup obsolete, bar the very low end cards.

1 Like

If you want 150% less performance sure.

1 Like