RTX 3000 /thread

But will it be enough for Horse Riding Simulator The Witcher 3 at 8k 30hz?

Regardless, I am excited. This console talk had me nervous that there were going to be lackluster GPUs going forward but I don’t think that’s the case. I know some are not impressed with the NVIDIA releases but I’m not going to hold my breath and die on another AMD cluster fire.

1 Like

Wait, though, the 3090 has 24GB, why would they put a Titan out at just 12GB?

are you implying the human eye can see more than 24 fps?

:unamused:

3 Likes

But yeah pretty power hungry, Samsung 8nm instead of TSMC 7nm sure ain’t helping.

1 Like

With the 3090 theres little reason for the titan to exists, unless they litreally added the A100 on it, which they won’t, cause quadro.

1 Like

AMD user confirmed? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a friend slapped stupid by 144hz at Quakecon. He was one of those “it’s the same thing”.

“Bwa ha” was all I said after he went back to his peasantry 60hz 4k.

1 Like

The most PC-butt-kicking one I have is MSFS 2020, and it’s mostly CPU bound right now (I still have a GTX1080Ti in my gaming PC), so I won’t be worrying about a new GPU for awhile. :small_airplane:

1 Like

nah I’m a console user

I don’t see over 24 fps nor 720p

3 Likes

That’s so sad, though. :cry:

From the LTT video:

3 Likes

Ah the good ol’ 0.1% vocals.

3 Likes

working to understand how we can improve the Windows gaming experience for Linux users.

The absolute state of gaming on Linux?

When your platform is so bad you rely on emulators or virtualized hardware passthrough to play Battlefield V

1 Like

That was using ray tracing, not overall.

So many things were claimed by so many people is why I always wait for hard numbers from GN for gaming and Blender Open Data (https://opendata.blender.org/ ) for rendering. And since my GTX1080Ti is still working nice for the games I play (even MSFS) and RTX2080Ti is working nice for Blender Cycles, I’m not in a rush so even more “wait and see” about it all. :slight_smile:

Just watched GN video, in short VS the 2080ti the 3080 is averge 20% faster at 1080p, 25% faster at 4k, uses 320W (hello Fury X) and 350W (hello 7990) when overclocked, ray tracing seems to be the major improvement but for non RTX DLSS situations its just a nice performance bump. Considering the AIB cards will cost around $150-$250 more than nvidia is charging, its a hard pill to swallow but still cheaper than the 2080ti.

Definitely not the huge performance bump everyone was touting but still an extra 17-40 fps is nice to have lol

1 Like

Yeah RTX without DLSS is no bueno. Seems like a perfectly good card for 4K 100 fps. I’d say 2080Ti users should probably skip the gen or wait for the 3080ti, if there will be one at all.

1 Like

I feel like monitors need to catch up for these new cards to even be worth the upgrade. You have to spend almost $1k just for a monitor that would benefit from a 3080 or 3090.

my $400 1440p 144hz monitor will surely get quite the benefit vs my 1070, even a 2080 youd be able to up the detail levels .

1 Like

Isn’t 1k a little too much? The Eve Spectrum 4K 144hz monitor is 670USD and comparable monitors should be cheaper or around that price