R9700 Giveaway - Student Build – A Unified Silent + Clean Air build (with Mods and Modeling)

My Build – A Unified Silent + Clean Air Build (for AMD R9700 128gb Giveaway)

Welcome to my Unified Silent + Clean Air Build

I am student in a 3D modelling and design program, I need a machine that balances performance with a quiet, dust-free workspace (low maintenance).

My new build is intended to be my primary workstation for coursework and personal projects including: GPU-accelerated rendering, complex scene manipulation, and advanced computational tasks such as flow design and simulation (Fluid modeling / CFM), Finite Volume Method (FVM) and Finite Element Methods (FEMs).

I am trying to build the system to be a fairly powerful, but a well-cooled GPU like the AMD Radeon XFX AI Pro R9700 32gb as part of this contest would be my dream. I can’t afford this level of hardware yet, specially as a student, nor in the foreseeable future.

An AMD Radeon AI Pro R9700 32gb will dramatically reduce my render times and enable me to do real-time previews, while my dual-mode Silent / Clean Air design approach I hope keeps acoustics low and components protected from dust—so I can focus on learning and producing high-quality work without constant maintenance or distracting noise.

My current system is really limiting me and not fulfilling my needs. My current system, passed down from my brother, is over 10 years old and has a limited future.

Below I will walk you through my hardware, and build process, including some advanced design ideas I think are very unique and different compared to what I have seen anywhere. Please enjoy and any input or feedback is welcome, specifically critiques.

Current System

My current system is really limiting me and not fulfilling my needs. My current system, passed down from my brother, is over 10 years old and has a limited future.

Below I will walk you through my hardware, and build process, including some advanced design ideas I think are very unique and different compared to what I have seen anywhere. Please enjoy and any input or feedback is welcome, specifically critiques.

Current System - Built 2013

Case

LIAN LI PC-O11AIR Black SECC / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower

Motherboard

ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME sTR4 AMD X399 E-ATX

CPU

Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 3500 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processors

GPU

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 8G GDDR6 (ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING)

Memory

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 (F4-3600C17Q-32GTZ)

Drives

2 x 1TB Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 NVMe (SSDPEKNW010T8X1)

 

1 x 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 (MZ-V8P1T0B/AM)

 

1 x 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" SATA III (MZ-7KE512BW)

PSU Power

Antec HCP-1300 Platinum 1300W ATX12V 80PLUS

CPU cooler

Deepcool LT530 (2x120mm) TR4-SP3

Case Fans

LIAN LI stock 120mm PWM Fans

Monitor

Reuse old - ASUS VG248QE 24IN Widescreen LED Backlit

OS

Windows 10 & Linux

 

![20260105_134604603_iOS|720x405](upload://mAT1uvg0URvl5QgFrqUXeHuILjO.jpeg) ![20260111_184231614_iOS|309x550](upload://3gCAiaVjJcOpAPRLc6mkh3wLOIB.jpeg)


My Build Concept - Unified design --> Silent + Clean Air

Sorry, I don’t have as many photos of my new build as I would like. I have not been able to assemble everything yet as I do not have all the parts yet (missing CPU still). I have been slowly saving during my summer interning job and buying individual parts over the last 8 months.

I do not have my CPU yet, was hoping to get the top Ryzen 9 CPU but will have to settle for a Ryzen 7 after my next pay cheque.

My design concept with the new build is as follows.

 

Unified design --> Silent + Clean Air

 

Silent Focus

Clean Air Focus

Case

Directs sound toward top and back, away from User

Allows 5 x 140mm fans as intake and 3 x 140 exhaust fans, lower noise than 120mm

Fans

Lower RPM is needed since 140mm can achieve high CFM and lower DB

140mm High CFM / Airflow fans to pull air through filters and Liquid Radiator

GPU

Keep it cool as possible while under load (to be loudest item)

Keep it clean as possible so it will stay cool without cleaning

CPU

Liquid cooled with push/pull 140mm Fans, lower noise than 120mm

Filter air intake should stay clean

Filters

Dampens the intake Fan sound

Supplies clean air intake so less maintenance

RAM cooler

Prevent DDR5 Throttling to keep it cool as possible while under load

Keep it clean as possible so it will stay cool without cleaning

CPU backplate Fan ??

To be designed - Rear CPU backplate pads to mount fan for cooling

Add another exhaust fan to balance pressure

Note: Please provide feedback on my Silent + Clean Air concepts above.

Silent + Clean Air Build (FUTURE SYSTEM - to be built by Q2 2026 I hope)

Case

HAVN HS420 ATX Mid Tower White Tempered Glass

Motherboard

ASUS CROSSHAIR X870E EXTREME (Only populating 2 of 4 DDR5 slots for air flow & DDR5 Throttling)

CPU

Ryzen 7 7800X3D AM5

GPU

Reuse old - ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 (ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING)

Memory

CORSAIR DDR5 2 x 64GB XMP 6400 (42-52-52-104) (CMH128GX5M2B6400C42W)

Air Filter

Reusable washable air filters (2 x 140x140mm, 1 x 140x420mm)

Drives

Reuse old - 1 x 1TB Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 NVMe (SSDPEKNW010T8X1)

 

Reuse old - 1 x 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 NVMe (MZ-V8P1T0B/AM)

 

Reuse old - 1 x 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" SATA III (MZ-7KE512BW)

PSU Power

Seasonic PRIME TX-1300 80+ Titanium Fully Modular Power Supply

CPU cooler

Arctic Liquid Freezer III Pro 420 AIO CPU (3 x 140mm)

Case Fans

Phanteks T30-140mm Premium High-Performance PWM Fan

Monitor

Reuse old - ASUS VG248QE 24IN Widescreen LED Backlit

OS

Reuse old - Windows 10 & Linux

Note: Please provide feedback on my Silent + Clean Air build parts list above, and particularly what areas you all think I should upgrade first, considering my usage patterns

 

My Build centers around the HAVN 420 case.



My Build continued

You will see from the photos that these many videos and posts from wendell on DDR5 memory cooling and protection have influenced my build greatly.





DDR5 RAM Cooling




== Extra items - Air Filters

Filter MODS - I am designing a filter system hopefully minimize noise and keep system the clean levels as well. See photo of the concept below.





== Extra items, photo and details on my Silent + Clean Air Build

I have been lurking around the forums looking at the many 3D modelling projects, including the Fan holders made by Falcon Northwest. This has inspired me to eventually include other concepts into the build as well.

You will see from the diagrams below; I have a few more other concepts I would like to incorporate into this build. I look forward to share all the final designs and modelling files in the forums when it is complete.

 

3D printed parts - I am also designing a 140-fan shroud / spacer to maximize air flow (CFM) and hopefully minimize noise levels as well. See photo of the concept below.

 

I would greatly value any feedback on my Silent + Clean Air Build and my 3D modelling concepts. Thank you for reading and wishing you all best of luck in the contest draw.





== Extra items #2, photo and details on my Silent + Clean Air Build

I have been lurking around the forums looking at the many 3D modelling projects, including the Fan holders made by Falcon Northwest. This has inspired me to eventually include other concepts into the build as well.

Sheet Metal parts - I am designing a holder for the bottom Air Filter, one that will marry the and allow the air filter to be sandwiched between the HAVN420 fan holder and the 3x140mm fans. I am hoping to present this design and modification to HAVN as an addon item, but who knows.

I would greatly value any feedback on my Silent + Clean Air Build and my 3D modelling concepts. Thank you for reading and wishing you all best of luck in the contest draw.





My Build for the R9700 Giveaway – A Unified Silent + Clean Air Build (with Mods and Modeling)

This give-away has inspired me to post a topic, as well these many videos and posts on DDR5 memory cooling and protection have influenced my build greatly.

Please feel free to ask me questions and I would greatly value any feedback on my Silent + Clean Air Build and my 3D modelling concepts. Thank you for reading and wishing you all best of luck in the contest draw.