QuakeCon 2018!

Same here. I’ve got notifications turned on for the Twitter feed and I keep a close eye on the QC Discord. Still…

But they’ve got swag packs and water bottles!

@PerfectAgent007 I haven’t decided on the banner yet. I may get one, but honestly it might end up being more trouble than it’s worth. I’m gonna wait til after registration is completed to make a decision, just in case seating ends up being an issue.

1 Like

About damn time

1 Like

I’m still waiting for approval for the days off and my butthole is so puckered in anticipation of tomorrow’s announcement that it has ripped space time like a black hole.

2 Likes

work has been absurdly slow, so im gonna pick up some other gigs in the mean time… should be able to make enough $$$

Friday, June 29th. Ticket sales for the BYOC will begin at 7:30 pm Central and can be purchased directly at https://www.showclix.com/event/quakecon-2018.

2 Likes

So with the group ticketing an option are we going to make a L1T corner? Or were you able to accomplish that last year easily enough individually?

Well so here’s the thing. There’s no way I can or even want to be responsible for all you guises BYOC tickets, so here’s what I would suggest…

If any of you are going as a group together, try to buy them together within your group. I know that I will be buying for myself, my wife, and I have a friend from work who might be coming as well and we’ll do the whole group buy thing.

But… we don’t have a seating chart yet, so it’s really too soon to make any concrete plans beyond that.

@Oseyeris @jajone4 ^

Well if there is anyone who would like to volunteer for being a group ticket purchaser (so long as they are a forum regular I trust ie @kewldude007, @Big_Al_Tech etc) I will gladly send money now so I don’t have to wake up early on my day off Friday to buy my ticket.

Also if anyone is looking for someone to split the cost of a room with let me know.

I’m in a big suite with several people and the two I tagged above are coordinating that so I will wait for them to weigh in on this

2 Likes

@Braysive we need to get on @kewldude007’s server and have a round table discussion on what we plan on getting. I have been in charge of purchasing a master suite at the hotel for us to cram into. @Skelterz has to sleep on the balcony so If you want to cuddle with him out there he might let you be big spoon at this point. If you want to do this then we’ll discuss in the server sometime this week. I would prefer by Wednesday evening to have our details sorted out so let me know when you can chat. Also, we will be discuss seating. The $200 tickets guarantee “priority access” to BYOC so I assume that means seating and I gathered that we would all like to sit near one another. Except for @Skelterz he has to sit in some obscure corner and rethink his life.

2 Likes

How it works (from last year) is there are two lines, one for the cheap seats and another for qdq and UAC, obviously less people get those tickets so the line is shorter thus faster/""“priority”""

In the faq I listed there is this

Q: What should we know about the process for buying tickets?
A: The way that the ticketing flow works is (1) seat selection, (2) “upsells”, (3) purchasing, (4) ticket delivery.

you get your seat then pick if you want to pay more for “priority”

OK. Let’s aim for figuring out where we want to sit then on discord.

2 Likes

I’m free today and tomorrow for the most part. I think @Big_Al_Tech and I will be getting a room together so @Skelterz, sorry fam but no cuddling for you.

:disappointed_relieved:

just jotting down some ideas at the moment

1 Like