QuakeCon 2016 - Tek Syndicate Group

Waffle house is awesome! Don't let the people scare you aware though.

It could have possibly been a denny's though.

yeah, it was a denny's

1 Like

Now this I'm planning on attending this year. Far easier to budget. Also much easier of a drive. I would fly but I have a big PC so.

2 Likes

Well that's just disappointing. There is a Waffle House nearby though... has to be. We should take one over one night at 4 am or something.

3 Likes

So, who's all doing QdQ?

I plan on it. If I cant get it so, so How fast does QDQ sell out? Faster than Normal?

Also @Commissar I'm talking to one of my co-workers right now We may yet have a 4th to drive down with us,

I feel like it sold out in a few hours last year. There might have been a couple available the next morning though. As long as you try to get it as soon as they go on sale, it shouldn't be an issue.

1 Like

okay. keep me in the loop

QDQ sold in maybe a minute last year. I'm gunning for it too so I can be available to help people set up in the BYOC if needed. Same goes for banner setup if @imaximus shows up for the early sign-in.

I'll probably not be able to swing the QDQ this year because of all the stuff I got going on atm lol. LAN Syndicate and Moving have drained my funds :( But I'll definitely still be getting the regular $40 tickets at least.

Also, bump cuuuuzz...

Registration for Round 1 opens today at 7pm CT/8pm ET

https://registration.quakecon.org/

DAMMIT MAN! You made me panic with that link! Making me think I'd missed QDQ registration ... Grrrrrr ... (UAC seating has already sold out which doesn't surprise me considering there was only one seat left last year when that registration tier closed)

But I mentioned sign-in, and what I should have said was check-in for our tech, because they opened the lines for that early last year and it seems like this is a regular occurrence from what various people have reported. I can't imagine that being any different this year unless something goes wrong so my plan is to get a QDQ badge (hopefully) so that I can get into the BYOC and then basically stay there for as long as needed and give help to anyone that needs it, and if you happen to have the banner I can work on piecing that together if that's cool.

Yup, they seem to always have early sign in, but the catch is that they can't guarantee it. Just gotta keep our ears open on the day prior.

But, now that registration has opened (NOC sold out) we have access to the map! This is the hardest part. I checked to see if there were a way to reserve a section prior, and the answer was a very polite "NOPE!" lol.

Good news is, the seating looks basically identical to last year's. So you'll look at the map below, I've boxed in with green where we sat last year. IMO, this is still the best place for us to grab due to the open area on the corner there. (So much room for activities!) So who ever gets registered 1st, go pic a seat there ASAP.

If it gets grabbed up by someone else 1st, I've also boxed in (in pink) another spot I think would be nice further up closer to the top. If both those places get grabbed up then I would suggest we just meet back here and discuss lol.

1 Like

Cool deal, what clan tag are we going to be using? I'll try to reserve a spot in the middle of your green section on Thursday.

Ew.

IIRC we put "TekSyn" Last year or just full "TekSyndicate"

Yeah we used full Tek Syndicate last year for the tag. @kane8710 The tag was really just used to coordinate seating.

i liked where we were last year

1 Like

Awwww :(

That sucks man. We'll see you again tho at some point! Hell if you're in Dallas hit me up sometime. (Don't remember if you were from Dallas or not)

What Link should I be hammer f5 on tomorrow?